Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Elterngeld for spouse with §30 AufentG / beschäftigung nur mit zustimmung

Alternar
Elterngeld for spouse with §30 AufentG / beschäftigung nur mit zustimmung
elterngeld family visa beschäftigung
Respuesta
9/07/12 16:27
Hi folks,

[ before someone tells me to search for the answers in similar cases...I did extensive searching (via limited search functionality) but couldn't find the similar question. ]

I am working for more than 5 years now and at the end of last year got NE.
My wife came to Germany in Nov 2010 on family visa without work permit. However when I got NE her visa was also extended until the end of 2014. She now has AE under §30 with a zusatsblatt saying..."Beschäftigung nur mit Erlaubnis der Ausländerbehörde".

Is she eligible to apply for Elterngeld? Is receiving Elterngeld considered as 'Beschäftigung'?

If someone with similar visa status applied for elterngeld, please share your experience.

Thanks.
0 (0 Votos)

Hi,

She can apply for Elterngeld and it is not considered as Beschäftigung. This was a mistake that we did when my wife too had AE under §30. Our Elterngeld is paid till the last month of the due date on her visa and when the date approaches, we recieve a letter from the zuständige Amt asking her to post her new (extended) Aufenthaltstitel. Had I done it, we would never have to face this issue as I have NE. I would suggest you to apply for Elterngeld rather she does it.

Interestingly, I always thought that a person is eligible to the same work permit as of his/her spouse who came to Germany and later on the basis of family reunion called her/him to Germany. But this Zusatzblatt is new to me. Is it because you got your NE later when she arrived here?

Regards
Tony
+1 (1 Voto)

RE: Elterngeld for spouse with §30 AufentG / beschäftigung nur mit zustimmu
Respuesta
10/07/12 12:02 en respuesta a Tony Gill.
Thanks for the reply tonygill.

I didn't really understood your situation and it's similarity to mines. So your wife applied for elterngeld with §30 and zusatblatt saying "Beschäftigung nur mit Erlaubnis der Ausländerbehörde" ? If so and if your wife was getting elterngeld then this answers my question already.

In our case only my wife will apply for elterngeld as she is house wife. If I apply then I have to apply for elternzeit and the elterngeld I'll receive would be less then my salary.

As for why ausländeramt issues zusatsblatt to my wife is not clear to me either. Last year we applied for the extensions of visa at the same time. Due to new electronic permit the process took 3 months. My wife permit was ready before mines (prolly due to NE) but I believe the type of permits and zusatzblatt is decided at the time of application.
0 (0 Votos)

Sorry Zimmi my mistake that I confused Elterngeld with Kindergeld. Yes, she did apply for Elterngeld too with §30
0 (0 Votos)

RE: Elterngeld for spouse with §30 AufentG / beschäftigung nur mit zustimmu
Respuesta
11/07/12 12:07 en respuesta a Tony Gill.
Having §30 visa is not the main issue. The problem could be this zusatzblatt which says the working is only allowed if permitted by ausländerbehörde.
was it the same case for your wife when she applied for elterngeld?
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott