Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Question regarding changing employer & WP/RP

Alternar
Hi everybody,

Sorry for posting the topic twice.

I have a question regarding WP/RP but first I will summarise my situation:
- I am employed by a telecom company which is using me to provide a consultancy service in another organisation, the consultancy contract will end in May 2005.
- The consultancy position will be available for open competition, I can apply for it through my current company or I can do that with a different company "for a better package". To do the second option I have to resign and be employed by the new company, the new employment contract will be signed only if they win the consultancy contract.
- I have an aufenhalterlaubnis (not a GC holder) since July 2001. My RP/WP will expire in end of June 2005, in the case the new company doesn't win the contract I will be jobless starting from beginning of June 2004.

Does anybody know if the above scenario mean I have to leave Germany end of June 2005 or I can have a chance to stay for a while to look for another job? Of course by June 2005 I will complete 4 years with legal residency with my family in Germany (paying all taxes, pension, etc, never got any help from the government).

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for disturbing you with this long post.

Wael
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Question regarding changing employer & WP/RP
Respuesta
12/08/04 17:53 en respuesta a Wael El-Dali.
Hi
Theoretically, you have the right to stay till your unemployment benefit payment is over.. in your case.. it should be (at least) one year of unemployment benefit after 3 years of working..

so again, theoretically, you should be able to put one year of extra residence time regardless of your current residence permit because of your right to receive the unemployment benefit..

but in practice.. it all depends on the officer you are dealing with it.. so to be on the safe side.. speak with them through a lawyer, if they seem to create problems..

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/08/04 18:19 en respuesta a Wael El-Dali.
Lacrima,

Thanks a lot for your reply. My understanding was that it is never allowed to extend residence permit unless the job is still there, your reply is very promising. Is it based on a personal experience of you or anybody else you know??

thanks,

wael
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/08/04 18:40 en respuesta a Wael El-Dali.
Hi
That information is not based on my personal experience.. it is based on some of my friend's experience.. (and also some GCers sharing their experience here in these forums)

I heard of cases where people got residence permit extension because of their right to get unemployment benefit but I have also heard of cases where people got their residence permits shortened to their unemployment-benefit period, Although they had longer permits..

You may want to do a search in the forum "Arbeitslosengeld" etc..
and it should give you more real-life experiences.. the last option is ofcourse to ask at your "Arbeitsamt/Auslanderbehorde" by
describing your situation..

I also find www.info4alien.de site extremely useful, as some real/retired auslanderbehorde officers answer questions there..
(unfortunately those forums are in German)

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3