Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

PhD studentship and permanent residency

Alternar
PhD studentship and permanent residency
Respuesta
5/05/11 13:51
Hi,

I have looked through the forums for answers, but I need some more information, so posting a question.

I have been working in Germany for the past 2 years and will now take up a PhD position. I am been given a studentship (no taxes). Does that mean I also won't have any pension contributions? Will that cause a problem if I am applying for a PR. Given that I need 60 months of contribution, is there any way I can get around this problem.

Can I put in some contribution of my own, and if so is there a minimum amount that I need to put in each month.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: PhD studentship and permanent residency
Respuesta
5/05/11 19:04 en respuesta a Nitya Hariharan.
Hi..
If you do your PhD with no taxes paid then you are not eligible to apply for PR, how ever if you continue to stay in Germany for 8 years then you are eligible for citizenship.
60 months contribution is a big amount, you pay each month around 350 euros and I am not sure you can pay it by yourself or such an amount is worth enough to get PR.
Hope this helps you..
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
5/05/11 20:57 en respuesta a Nitya Hariharan.
Hi Pavan,

thanks for replying. When you say continue for 8 years, is it 8 years after my PhD or does this PhD duration also get counted irrespective of whether I pay taxes or not.

Thanks
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/05/11 16:56 en respuesta a Nitya Hariharan.
8 years of your stay in Germany right from the day of your residence, your PhD also counts, but when you apply for your citizenship you should have your source of income.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/05/11 12:16 en respuesta a Nitya Hariharan.
Hi Pavan,

Many thanks for your reply.

Regards

Nitya
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/06/11 20:21 en respuesta a Nitya Hariharan.
I am sorry may be its a silly question, I started my masters in germany since oct 2007 and for the last two years i am in my Phd with a contract and paying my taxes for the last two years. My third year will be finished by next year March.

Could you guys please let me know if my pension money is enough to extend my visa or is there any other possibility. When I am eligible for applying permanent residence, if it helps I am engaged to a german citizen.

I really appreciate your time.

Many thanks.

Abd.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7