Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Is that compulsory to deposit the fixed amount of Euro 7020 in Germany

Alternar
Hi,

Regarding studying in Germany as a foreigner I would like to ask the following:

1. Is that compulsory to deposit the fixed amount of Euro 7020 in Germany, if yes what its procedure? If that is the case what is the advantage of free education in Germany because person are paying in an other way.

2. Is that compulsory to have IELTS result with score 6.0 in order to get admission in universities as well as student visa?

I am from India.

Thanks

Juma
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Is that compulsory to deposit the fixed amount of Euro 7020 in Germany
Respuesta
12/11/05 10:52 en respuesta a Juma gandhi.
1-) Well, free education is at the first hand for the tax-payers and their children living in the country. You should be grateful that germany also offers you to study without having to pay tuition fees like in USA/Canada with comparable quality. That is the advantage of free education in Germany, got it ? Have you ever calculated how much money you have to pay to an average University in USA INCLUDING the living costs ? emoticon emoticon emoticon 7020 Euro is nothing my friend.. it is just for the covarage of your yearly living expenses during your studies. As you are not allowed to work during the studies, what is wrong for asking a proof of financial coverage ? (By the way, free education system will change very soon in Germany.. you better hurry up instead of complaining.. very very soon you will have to pay 7020 + tuition fees.. )

2-) No.. it is not.. it depends on the University. Most also accept toefl tests but if you are planning to study in English, some kind of language proficiency proof will be compulsory.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
14/11/05 11:08 en respuesta a Juma gandhi.
@jumagandhi:

Better post your email Address here, and you might get better answers that help you to proceed further.

-Fred
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
15/11/05 7:37 en respuesta a Juma gandhi.
Thanks

juma_gandhi@yahoo.com is my email.

Regards

Jumma
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
15/11/05 11:50 en respuesta a Juma gandhi.
@lacrima

most of your suggestions/answers were very helpful in the past! somehow in recent days the suggestions have changed? i'm interested to know the reasons?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
15/11/05 12:17 en respuesta a Juma gandhi.
@instructor

Honestly speaking, silly questions like this one:

"If that is the case what is the advantage of free education in Germany because person are paying in an other way"

makes me angry and I start to compose messages with irony. The person is not informed well, he doesnt know why the money is asked for(it is not for tuition) and formulates the question in a way that he blames the system, although the system is quite generous. One should never discard the facts, even if those facts might hurt his interests.

I should try to write in a friendlier way.. in case these postings seem to be offending.. but as I said, sometimes I really can not keep myself away from irony, I will however try to do my best..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
15/11/05 13:02 en respuesta a Juma gandhi.
@lacrima

got it now what made you to write that way, but it was not usual. that's why i was quite interested.

regards.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/11/05 15:51 en respuesta a Juma gandhi.

Empty vessels make more noise!

0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/11/05 17:00 en respuesta a Juma gandhi.
You seem to be really a full vessel. I am looking forward to your valuable contributions to Trust7. We can maybe then judge the sound you make as a "vessel"

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/11/05 17:31 en respuesta a Juma gandhi.
I don't know where did you found this 7200€.

I am student in D and I never paid more than 85€ per semester.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/11/05 17:39 en respuesta a Juma gandhi.
well, no every study program in Germany is "free". There are some universities offering masters that could cost also the same as in other countries. For example, MBAs.

SO, it depends on what type of studying the original poster is applying and in which university/Institute.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/11/05 17:41 en respuesta a Juma gandhi.
@DvD

http://www.islamabad.diplo.de/en/01/Visabestimmungen/Arten__von__visa__und__voraussetzungen.html
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/11/05 17:44 en respuesta a Juma gandhi.
It's Bafög's monthly 600 Euro minimum in order to cover the living expenses of the student.(12*600=7200) This amount will be asked from the foreign students who want to study in Germany as a financial coverage proof before issuing the visa.
It has nothing to do with the tuition fees. If the applied german university requests tuition fees then this amount will be added to yearly 7200. Most german universities however request very small amounts of tuition fees like 85 Euro per Semester mentioned by DvD. This is expected to be changed very soon.

@DvD
As a residence-permit holder(also tax-payer) in Germany which you can also use for studying purposes, you are not supposed to show such a financial proof. (Supposing that you are studying parallel to your normal job) so your case is slightly different than the original question asker.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3