Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Au Pair visa

Alternar
Au Pair visa
Respuesta
31/01/05 15:32
I am applying for an aupair visa nad the Auslanderamt now says I have to write a German exam, is it difficult? I have studied German for two years at university but that was a while back so i have no idea what will happen. Will they deny me the visa if i fail the exam?
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Au Pair visa
Respuesta
1/02/05 13:23 en respuesta a diana chigumba.
The law says that you need basic knowledge of the German language for the au-pair visa. There are no standard regulations. Some consulates carry out an exam being composed of a longer conversation, others just asking one question. I think that you will pass the test if you had two years of study of German and exercise a little. Good luck!
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/02/05 15:18 en respuesta a diana chigumba.
here wishing you luck with the visa ... but i have a basic question .. "what is a au pair exactly".? and can a gc issue a au pair visa .
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/02/05 15:58 en respuesta a diana chigumba.
stier
if you are a girl under 25 you can aply for a au pair visa.
au pair girls do haus jobs (help in house)
since you are GC at the moment i would not consider it exactly as a progress in your career
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/02/05 19:16 en respuesta a diana chigumba.
hi dvd,
wanted to enquire abt this stuff as there a GC folks i now whose spouses also work(have kids) ... so maybe a au pair is a good idea .So can a Gc have a au pair in the house ? and where can i find au pair's .. any link or forums?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/02/05 20:52 en respuesta a diana chigumba.
au pair is very god idea, she can help your wife and she can bring some pleasures to you also.
so everybody is satisfied.
but i also do not know where to find them.
maybe in disco? emoticon
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/02/05 22:54 en respuesta a diana chigumba.
@stier

There are some specific regulations for Au-Pairs and there are agencies which find/match au-pairs with the host families.

But it is kinda difficult for the foreigners who are living in Germany to invite au-pairs. One of the reasons of this au-pair program is to help the person who is coming as au-pair to develop her language skills. (in this case, German)

so, when you request a work-permit for your potential au-pair from arbeitsamt(which you have to do before you invite the au-pair). They will check whether you have sufficient means to host her and they will also check the common language which is spoken at your home. If your wife and you are both foreigners, then obviously you will not speak German at home and the arbeitsamt will not let you to invite the au-pair.. (not fair but this is the way it works..)

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3