Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Change in Job

Alternar
Change in Job
Respuesta
13/07/09 12:14
Hi All,

I've seen that this is a great source of valuable information, and many benefitting from it. Perhaps, time has come for me too put in my queries :-) I am a NON EU citizen, and has been working in Germany since Nov 2005, for the same company. I have been offered a position with another company, and before I accept the same, I need to be clear about my residence permit status. My visa says, "Aufenthaltserlaubnis - §18 Abs.4.S.1 AufenthG "
"Selbständige Erwerbstätigkeit nicht erlaubt, Beschäftigung uneingeschränkt erlaubt"

Under this clause, I would like to know if I CAN join a new company? , and if I shall decide to join the new company, will my new company have to apply for a new visa for me? My current visa expires only on 27-11-2010 after which I will complete full 5 years in Germany.

Could someone help please?

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Change in Job
Respuesta
14/07/09 15:13 en respuesta a r k.
As long as your residence title does not explicitly restrict you to a special employment field or a particular employer, you can take up any gainful employment obviating the need for a fresh application.

Also, after two years of employment or three years of legal stay in Germany the foreigner´s authority can issue the permission to work without prior evaluation and approval by the employment agency. Such a permission will then be without any restrictions.

As has been discussed in this forum having such a restriction free work permit spares you the hassle with the employment agency when later applying for unemployment benefits should you unexpectedly loose your job. The reason being, that only in that case will you be legally deemed "unemployed" by the the employment agency.

Rechtsanwalt_Jain@yahoo.de
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/07/09 12:58 en respuesta a r k.
Thanks very for the reply. It was very helpful.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/07/09 13:18 en respuesta a r k.
Hallo,
Just be sure to the new company, Ofcourse congrats to you for the new offer, but now a days most of the new companies are hiring and firing within 6 months, thats not a personal view, but a view from the current situation. But if you work for a company like TCS or Infy, then better to continue in it as they won't fire you so quickly.
If a person has worked for long in anyother company, then she is safe and firing that person means company has to pay more money, but if you are new, then it is very easy for them to fire you. Don't take my words as discouragement, but do consider before you change a job which is stable.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott