Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: OCI requirements

Alternar
OCI requirements
Respuesta
9/12/08 17:04
Hi All,

Can someone share their personal experiences with the OCI application filling(any spl. instructions) and requirements?

I have read in the instructions for filling the online OCI application(Part-A), and it mentioned there a Passport/Citizenship certificate is required. Is Citizenship certificate means Einbürgerungsurkunde?? Can i apply for OCI with Urkunde? Why is, i do not want to wait until i recieve the german passport as that is time consuming process as also OCI.

regards,
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/12/08 18:17 en respuesta a SSDK SSDK.
Which website are you looking at? In part A it is compulsory to hold a "Foreign Passport" to apply for OCI. The passport details are compulsory as far as i know

http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/OnlineOCIRegistrationG.jsp
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/12/08 18:26 en respuesta a SSDK SSDK.
Hi Raj

i am looking at the same website.At this page, you find a link for "instructions for fillng up" the app.
here you can find the info.
http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/Instructions.pdf

At the instruction no 9 you find the following
Enclosures for each applicant:
1. Proof of present citizenship of applicant e.g. copy of Passport /
citizenship certificate.

You see Passport /
citizenship certificate.

what does this certificate means? Is it the urkunde?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/12/08 19:02 en respuesta a SSDK SSDK.
Yes it is the Urkunde. But passport is enough.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/01/09 10:18 en respuesta a SSDK SSDK.
I also need to apply for OCI after getting German Citizenship.

@SSDKSSDK - I checked Part-A of the form and I think Raj is right in saying that German passport details (number) are required for filling the form.

I received a letter saying that I can collect my Citizenship Urkunde and, therefore, I was thinking of applying for OCI immediately after getting Urkunde in order to speed the process.. because I have to go to India in 2 months time.

But now it seems that first I need to wait for German passport before I can apply for OCI. Anybody having different experience?
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott