Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Latest on A1 Zertifikat requirement for Reunion

Alternar
I got this reply from the Delhi Embassy on a question regarding A1 language requirement for my wife. She's a Master's degree holder and I was interested in knowing if she would be exempted.

"Please be informed that for an application of a family reunion visa, the applicant does not have to submit an A-1 Level Certificate as proof of sufficient knowledge of German, if the partner's employment contract is limited and the stay in Germany will not exceed five years. If your contract in Germany is unlimited, the following rule applies: Only in the case that your wife holding a university degree is going to work in Germany (and can submit a proof for this at the time of application), she will be exempted from the requirement of an A-1 Level Certificate. If she is not going to work, the A-1 Lever Certificate is required."

Upon further inquiry regarding what constitutes such a "proof" they replied:

"Please be informed that it will finally be a decision of the competent German Aliens Office in Germany if the A1-Level Certificate is required. To submit an A1-Level Certificate at the time of application is certainly the best option. However, if the applicant (with University Degree) intends to work in Germany, the requirement of A1-Level Certificate might be waived.
Your wife's application documents will be assessed at the Counter at the time of application. Further issues can be discussed at this moment."

So its unclear what this "proof" of intention to work in Germany is. Mine is an unlimited contract so A1 applies. Surely it can't be another work contract for her. Does anyone have any experiences in this?
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Latest on A1 Zertifikat requirement for Reunion
Respuesta
20/02/11 20:16 en respuesta a Mixed Feelings.
Hi,

The only thing I knew about getting exempted from doing A1 course in India is that the partner coming to Germany must have earned a Master degree (not Bachelor) fron a University in India regardless if the person wil/will notwork in Germany.

You can never plan if the person is going to work or not. Imagine if the person does not et a job or meets some severe accident in Germany.

Is always better if you can avoid doing A1 in India. Too expensive and takes time + she will be doing German course again anyhow. Normally ABH people give same work permit to spouse immediately but "recommend" to take German course till B1.

Regards,
Tony
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
19/02/12 14:18 en respuesta a Mixed Feelings.
Hi bhargavav,

I am in a similar situation as you, my wife holds a Masters Degree from a central govt. university in India.

Did your wife manage to get her family reunion visa without A1 language requirement?

Would appreciate an update. Thanks.

Regards.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
19/02/12 21:23 en respuesta a Mixed Feelings.
As Consulate says,
Ultimately its the decision of aliens office whether spouse needs A1 or not.
They check if a person is qualified enough with a reputed institute according to german standards and is able to find a job after arrival in Germany.

Before taking the decision, looks like Aliens office checks with the local consulate to verify if the candidate's qualification and the institute is good enough to match to the international standards.

In my case, Aliens office is waiting for the inputs from Delhi embassy before deciding on my wife's visa.

Though my wife has no plan to work in Germany, but to overcome this A1 hurdle, she needs to demonstrate that she is qualified enough to get a job in germany.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott