Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
GC and our wifes
Answer
1/21/05 1:11 PM
Hi,

i am GC since 2001. For 2 years I merried and my wife had also aufenthalt until 2006. I have unbefrist. Vertrag and I am hoping that I will get unbefris. Aufenthaltgenemigung. Now, my wife would like to work also here in Germany. What do we need to do for Arbeitsgenemigung???

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Regards,
Romi
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC and our wifes
Answer
1/21/05 1:35 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
Hi Romi

Before the new law, there was the possibility to get for your wife the "Arbeitsberechtigung" with a little of luck or with a little of fight from your side. I did get it for my wife 30.12.04, last day to apply (31.12 was closed) and a couple of hours before Arbeitsamt close.

Now, I´m not sure (but surely DvD knows) but I think your wife have to apply for a job and once she get it, the employer must fill a form for your wife to get a Work Permit.

The law says clearly that your wife can work. This is good, but we are all quite new to the new law and I don´t know yet some cases of GC wives with WP.

Regards

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/05 2:26 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
Your wife should find job and than ask for AE at ABH. She needs no AMC but it could happend that Beamter does AMC first.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/05 4:44 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
tnx a lot.

can U tell me what is AMC?

Regards,
Romi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/05 4:59 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
Hi

AMC = Arbeitsmarktcheck.

Arbeitsamt check if there are any german available for the position your wife apply. It´s supposed any german has priority in any job in this country.

Good Luck

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/05 5:06 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
AMC - Arbeits Markt Check ( Job Market Check )

AMC is in short, a duty of the local employment
office to make sure that there is no German or
a EU citizen can fill the job vacancy.

For Eg, A foreigner X (non EU citizen) applies for a vacant position in Germany.X needs an Arbeitsgenehmigung to work in Germany.So X goes to
ArbeitsAmt to get So-called Arbeitsgenehmigung.
The Officer at the Arbeitsamt check if there is some German Ys or some EU citizens Zs available
to fill the opening.This process is called AMC.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/25/05 9:57 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
I am from India and got married recently in India in December- 2004. I came in Germany in July and has Green card science 2004 july( recidence permit and work permit ).
Only in first week of Jan- 2005 i applied for the visa in chennai but the chennai-consulate has not told me the exact date when my wife will get the visa. internet says that she will get it in 1 -3 months.

1) Can anybody tell me exactly after how man days after which my wife can get the visa? If anybody in thsi form has faced same problem before?

2) Do the original application which was filled in Chennai german consulate by my wife is send to the local Rathus ( for my resident verification)? Can by any mean i can know where the process has been reached.

3) has anybody faced the same situation earlier.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/05 3:31 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
1)Can anybody tell me exactly after how man days after which my wife can get the visa? If anybody in thsi form has faced same problem before?

In short NO, (too optimistic U R asking in days), if U R lucky u r wife will get it in 1 to 3 months but, in worst case it could take 6 months are more (when ABH asks to prove your marriage) ok, now I don’t want to put you down by horrifying stories. Hope everything goes well.

2)Do the original application which was filled in Chennai german consulate by my wife is send to the local Rathus ( for my resident verification)? Can by any mean i can know where the process has been reached.

Go to AHB and find out the status, somewhere in form I have post the necessary documents (which will be asked by ABH once the application is here)

3)has anybody faced the same situation earlier.

YES

Cheers
Raghu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/05 4:07 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
What is ABH?

Is it Landarsamt???
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/05 4:44 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
ABH means AusländerBehörde (Alien office) where you get your visa stamped.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott