Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Requirements for Aufenthaltserlaubnis

Umschalten
Requirements for Aufenthaltserlaubnis
Antwort
05.01.05 16:41
Hello all,
I have been living in Germany since Oct.2002 and I am having the visa of "Aufenthaltsbewilligung". Now, I have got a job position in a German research company (Fraunhofer Institut), and in the meanwhile I am registered as a PhD student in the university. This job offer is half scientist position (BAT IIa/2). My question is how to get "Aufenthaltserlaubnis" and what documents should I present to AusländerBehörde for this purpose?
My second question is ... while having this half scientist position in a German company, can I apply for the permanent residence according to the new German immigration laws?

Prompt help would be highly appreciated.
Rgrds.
Safdar.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Requirements for Aufenthaltserlaubnis
Antwort
05.01.05 17:36 als Antwort auf Safdar Ali.
according to my opinion you will be given AE according to §17 of AufG as you are already registered as a PhD. That time might not be counted for PR.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.01.05 18:30 als Antwort auf Safdar Ali.
I see mk knows a lot.
Are you allready PhD. There is something you should know. After finishing studium in De you have right to 1 year jobsearch visa.
BUT ...
if you take another student-scientist job, then you do not have normal AE which is necessery for NE or citizenship.

To get NE or citizenship you MUST find normal job with normal AE.
When you get it you can get NE if you have 5 years in D (student time not counted),
but you will probably get citizenship much sooner allthough for CS you need 7 years because for cs, student time is counted so for cs you have allrady 3 years and if this job is 3 years then it is 6. After it get a job, normal AE and you will get cs which is better than NE after 1 year.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.01.05 19:17 als Antwort auf Safdar Ali.
I thank you very much mk and DvD for your prompt replies. What my point was, that WHAT documents do I need to present to Ausländerbehörde?

I was told by a friend that I have to present a letter from the company that the work being done here is for the "public interest" and not for the "company's own interest". Is it right?

By the way, I am having 3+ years of software research and development experience and finished my M.Sc in Computer Science last year and started my Ph.D two months ago. Am I highly skilled person who is eligible for the PR? :-)

Safdar.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.01.05 19:35 als Antwort auf Safdar Ali.
no, you need nobel prize for that ;-)

(warning: joke!)
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.01.05 20:10 als Antwort auf Safdar Ali.
to be HQ one has to:
1 - get 84k or
2 - be in very very important leading position or
3 - be in very very important research position.

So as you see it is very very important that you are very very something to be HQ.
If you are only very it is not enough.

Meaning ABH can allways tell you that you are very smart but you need to be very very smart in order to be HQ.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott