Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

UK National, Thai wife, UK settlement visa.

Umschalten
I am a UK National and resident and recently married my Thai National girlfriend in Thailand. We have been together 3.5 years.
We are about to apply for a settlement visa to the UK, for which I do not forsee any problem.
As my girlfriend, she has applied for and recieved 2 UK visitors visas and 3 schengen visas.

My question is:

I work (for a UK company) between UK and Germany, travelling frequently between the 2 countries. I spend nearly 50% of my time in Germany, where I stay at my employers premises (my employer happens to be my uncle)
My wife on arrival in the UK will also be employed by the same company and will be with me at all times.

I have searched the internet and am confused by the information I have found there. Could anybody possibly tell me what visa she would be required to have in order to accompany me? (if any?)
I have heard about UK Residence cards that enable people accompanying their spouses to enter Europe without the need for seperate visas but this doesnt seem to apply to Thais?
Will her UK Settlement visa entitle her to travel to Europe with me?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: UK National, Thai wife, UK settlement visa.
Antwort
04.10.09 10:53 als Antwort auf Charlie Lawrence.
Here most people are well versed with German Immigration law and not with UK immigration law.

UK is not part of Schenghen. Ur Wife would require another business/tourist visa to travel regularly between UK and Germany.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
04.10.09 13:30 als Antwort auf Charlie Lawrence.
Thankyou Stutt23.
It is the German Immigration that I am concerned about. As a UK citizen I can travel and work freely within the Schengen States. My Thai wife, on arrival in the UK will have the right to work in the UK, but I do not understand how it would work if her job entails visiting Germany on a regular basis.
I have looked at the German Embassy website which suggests that even with a business visa her time in Germany would be limited to a visa for 90 days in 6 months which would obviously be restrictive?
As the spouse of a UK citizen is there no other type of visa available?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
04.10.09 21:27 als Antwort auf Charlie Lawrence.
Hi,

take a look at this links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directive_2004/38/EC
http://www.svenja-schmidt-bandelow.de/html/freedom_of_movement_in_the_eu_.html

In summary, the most likely scenario wil be that the consulate will grant your wife a visa to enter germany. However, you might have to register in Germany in which case a permit would be granted to your wife.

Regards,
-a
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3