Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

German or Indian Citizenship

Umschalten
German or Indian Citizenship
Antwort
21.03.11 00:23
Hi...
We are a family with 2 children, a 4yr son and 1 yr daughter. After completing 8+ yrs stay in Germany and now eligible for German citizenship.
But we have also plans to leave Germany in another couple of years and return back to India.
Does it make any sense to take the German citizenship and then taking OCI settle in India ?

Iam aware that after taking German citizenship, I wont get the pension refund in 2 yrs later.
Apart from this any other pros & cons...?

we are in a dilema to decide on this.
Need your advices/suggestions to this.

Thanks.
Nisha
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: German or Indian Citizenship
Antwort
21.03.11 12:31 als Antwort auf Nisha Hirve.
I am not very sure about this information, but i heard as soon as you pay 5 years into pension, it will not be returned and only eligible for pension at old age. Clear it with the Deutsche Renten Versicherung.

Take the citizenship atleast for your children's sake as in future it maybe provide them with opportunities. But if they dont want it later in life(let them decide after 18 yrs), having lived in India for atleast 5 years you can take Indian citizenship again.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott