Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

GC & PHD

Umschalten
GC & PHD
Antwort
19.02.06 21:09
Hi

When I came to Germany I tried to get the information about PHD, but due to the GC restrictions I was unable to do(you need to change your visa, no regular job...) things like that were problematic.

Is there any GC who has started doing PHD after getting NE ? What does rules say ? I need to know the possibilities to do PHD without leaving my current job. Any GC'r had experience ?

Regards
Khan
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: GC & PHD
Antwort
21.02.06 10:45 als Antwort auf Faisal Khan.
Once you have NE, there are no such restrictions. Just do what your heart feels like emoticon

Good luck!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.02.06 12:05 als Antwort auf Faisal Khan.
Hi,

can you tell me what are conditions for PhD?
Did you talk with someone to keep your job and work on PhD?

Can you give me information about this subject?

Thanks,
Dracus
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.02.06 12:12 als Antwort auf Faisal Khan.
Dear Dracus,

The main condition for a Phd is to have a 'Doctorfather' who is mainly a Professor from any German University. You can then have your second supervisor from a company, if it is supporting your research. But Research is mainly done in Universities, Research Institutions or in Companies who have a R&D cell( it have to cooperate with some University).

If you have a NE, you dont have to worry about anything. but if you have a Phd position, it is very easy to get a visa on the basis of being a Wissenschafliche Mitarbeiter

Best Regards and Good luck
Rajesh
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.02.06 21:17 als Antwort auf Faisal Khan.
@Rajeshspg

1) Are there any issues associated with an individual's visa status depending on the level of education he/she is trying to attain? (This is because I see a parallel thread running about part-time MBA programs, where similar concerns about visa status are not being voiced)

2) Is it legally possible for a GC to do the (part-time) Phd research work alongside the regular fulltime job?

Appreciate your inputs.
Thanks.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
22.02.06 14:33 als Antwort auf Faisal Khan.
@sxp302

2) Is it legally possible for a GC to do the (part-time) Phd research work alongside the regular fulltime job?

Yes, it is legal and possible with fulltime job.

All I have got the information is that the easiest way would be to find a professor(so far don't know how) who is ready to accept you as his student.
Then you have to discuss/present your research work/thesis. This research work/thesis must be unique otherwise it will be rejected by the commette who will entitle you as PHD and you have to start all again.
My colleagues told me all other ways to do PHD are not suitable for me as I also don't want to leave my fulltime job.

@Dracus
Few possibilities are to get the sponsorship from some company/university and they will pay you also sometime more than your current job but generally young extra intelligent students are preffered who are reffered by professors.

If this information till now is correct then I need to know what is the best way to contact professors. Which forms to give them to apply or to get the appointment to discuss etc. etc...

Regards
Khan
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
23.02.06 09:51 als Antwort auf Faisal Khan.
@fktrust7

Thanks for your inputs.

I performed a search earlier and ended up with a couple of conflicting experiences on GC + Study.

http://www.trust7.com/en/forums/integration/am_i_allowed_to_study

http://www.trust7.com/en/forums/integration/zuwanderungsgesetz/i_studied_my_msc_while_i_was_in_gc

This was the reason behind my original question about legality of having a GC and part-time doctoral studies.

Anyhow, regarding your question about how to find an advisor -

- You need to check for the relevant courses/research activity at the univ in your homecity or close to it.
- Based on the matching of research areas, you can get in touch with the respective Prof.
- There is an option to study as an "External", which is part-time in interpretation.

Though I know that this is a possibility, I was (am still a little) unsure if this option is available for GCs (especially considering the 1st link posted above).
Thanks + Good luck!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.02.06 16:56 als Antwort auf Faisal Khan.
Hi,

It is always possible to do a Phd alongside with your full time job.

There should not be any problem from the legal point of view. PhD work is a kind of "Weiterbildung" to excel your skill in your job. It is always encouraged in Germany to improve your skill. You can even get back your money back from tax for travelling to your professor for this purpose.

regards,

mk
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
27.02.06 11:57 als Antwort auf Faisal Khan.
As many stated, it is clear that leagelly there is no problem to do PHD along with your regular job. Now I would like to move one setep ahead.

What is the best way to contact professors. (Any website or need to contact the information offices of universities one by one). Which forms to submit them to apply or to get the appointment to discuss research work/thesis etc. etc...

Regards
Khan
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
27.02.06 19:13 als Antwort auf Faisal Khan.
The best way would be that you ask the professors who work in the similar area of your interest. There are many professors who are interested to supervise a Phd student whom he must not pay to conducting the project. A professor has some benefits of showing this supervision to the university authority.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
28.02.06 16:33 als Antwort auf Faisal Khan.
Thankx mk

I have started sending emails through www.daad.de and directly to the universities. Lets see how much time it takes till some professor agree. I will keep you informed.

Khan
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18