Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

NE Interview

Umschalten
NE Interview
Antwort
07.05.06 03:15
Hello Everyone,

After having submitted the NE forms along with other required documents, I (along with family) have been called for a personal interview at the ABH. All this has happened in about 3 weeks, so I am wondering what I should be expecting from this interview and in what way I should prepare myself for it.

Question A: Can anyone give hints as to what I should expect (Getting the NE there and then ? OR this is just the first round before they start doing any security checks ?) from this interview and in what way should I prepare () myself for it ?

Question B: Does ABH normally ask anything from the spouse as well ? or just the principal applicant ?

Btw, I live in Hessen. So if any, please share experiences with NE application in Hessen.

Thanks for any comments,
Nitin.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: NE Interview
Antwort
07.05.06 13:31 als Antwort auf Striker Me.
guess they want to check whether you and your family speak german and know german history
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.05.06 21:52 als Antwort auf Striker Me.
@"-":

Do You actually know anyone who appeared for a NE interview and was asked questions about German history ? If yes, then pls put me in contact with him/her as I am curious to know what sort of history questions did the beamter really ask.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.05.06 22:14 als Antwort auf Striker Me.
@Nitin

"Do You actually know anyone who appeared for a NE interview and was asked questions about German history ?"

no, they've never asked qustion about german history. i guess they did'nt wanted to know/hear about again.

"If yes, then pls put me in contact with him/her as I am curious to know what sort of history questions did the beamter really ask."

what they may ask you is german language, if you've any certificate then things are easy as cake-walk otherwise they'll give you small old newpaper to read (one small column) and explain in your own way (in german of course) what you understand. but try to keep/maintain speaking german even if it's corrupted version and that-should-be-it. getting ne in hessen / nrw is quite easy compared to any other states in germany.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.05.06 23:24 als Antwort auf Striker Me.
Do You actually know anyone who appeared for a NE interview and was asked questions about German history

Not yet, but i know that officials in Hessen developed a questionary for people wanting german citizenship even before their collegues from Bayern came up with the same idea. therefore i wouldn't be surprised if i learned that they made something like that for NE-applicants as well now
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.05.06 21:55 als Antwort auf Striker Me.
Hi,

I received NE in Hessen a while back. I was quite stressed out about the language issue and had consulted a visa service prior to going in for the "interview". What she told me was the only thing they cared about was that I could perform the whole meeting with the beamtor in German. That is exactly what I found - the only questions were pertaining to my various documents I brought along - no formal interview.

I am really no German speaker - refuse to speak it at work. Only really use it to go shopping and stuff - alot of my time is spent out of the country. Often my trips ( to France / Holland etc. ) are purely to go shopping ( hence I hardly speak German on a regular basis ). I had no problem making the beamtor happy - so I think most will have little difficulties.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.05.06 22:18 als Antwort auf Striker Me.
@'mlovecan': Thanks for the info.

Did You get the NE there and then ? or was it just the starting point before security checks would be done ?

------------------------------------------------
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.05.06 11:08 als Antwort auf Striker Me.
"right then and there" your application will be approved on the condition of passing the security check. In the interim you will receive a "fiktionsbescheinigung" visa which will be valid for 6 months.

They told me 1 to 5 months on the security check and mailed me a letter to come and pick up the full NE exactly 5 months later.

The "fiktionsbescheinigung" does restrict you slightly. For example the British had announced that UK Ancestry visas ( which had received before ) were maybe going to be stopped. I panicked and called the UK consulate in Dusseldorf to get a new one.

They told me they could not process ANY visa for me since I did not have 6 months+ remaining on my German visa. I would have to apply back in Canada since they did not consider me to be a German resident.

My guess is that other consulates / embassies may take the same view.

Fortunately when the new UK laws came out, they did not eliminate the ancestry visa and I was ok. Coincidentally the announcement was made on the same day I received my NE letter in the mail - good news x 2!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott