Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Switching Jobs..

Umschalten
Switching Jobs..
Antwort
28.12.04 16:49
Hello All,
I was going through the visa related confusions (what to and what not to do while changing a job..)for couple of days and so thought of sharing with everybody my bit of experience.
Well I am on a GC since 2001 and its valid until 2006.I changed my job in 2003 ,but I did not have to go to ABH or AA even once to get any changes in my visa!I simply gave my papers to my employer and he did all the administrative work.
I do not have any name of my previous employer written on my passport visa.

What I am confused about is:
1)Do I need to fo to AA/ABH and inform them that I switched my job?
2)When I changed the job in 2003,then is it possible that my GC validity is increased till 2008?
3)Should I stay calm?

Any experiences ...information are welcome in this context.

VAH
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Switching Jobs..
Antwort
28.12.04 17:19 als Antwort auf Vineet Ahuja.
Hello VAH,
According the old rules if the company name is not written in ur residence permit there is no need to go to the AuslanderBehörde. The only thing to be done was to go to the Arbeitsamt and get the workpermit.
In your case
>1)Do I need to fo to AA/ABH and inform them >that I switched my job?
If you have alredy got the workpermit from your new company then you dont have to register with anyone.

>2)When I changed the job in 2003,then is it >possible that my GC validity is increased till >2008?
Greencard is valid as such for only 5 years independent of how many companies you change. So your greencard will be valid until 2006.

>3)Should I stay calm?

As long as u have got the workpermit(yellow paper) from AA for the new company,you dont have sweat anything. Just wait for one more year and apply for ur PR.

Cheers
Rajesh
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
28.12.04 18:18 als Antwort auf Vineet Ahuja.
Thanks for making it clear..
But I am not in possession of any 'yellow paper aka workpermit' you mentioned.
That means my company would be preserving it in its records?
Should I be the legitmate owner of it?

VAH
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
28.12.04 18:40 als Antwort auf Vineet Ahuja.
Hello VAH,

Well this workpermit is for your documentation purposes and not for your company. So the first thing you should do is get the original workpermit from your company. They can hold on to a copy if they want.

Cheers
Rajesh
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
28.12.04 23:23 als Antwort auf Vineet Ahuja.
Hi,

Can i get more information about the "yellow paper" please, while i don't have it (I am GC holder since 2001 till 2006) so my question is what is this paper exactly is, and dose every Green card holder have it or not.

Thanx.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
29.12.04 12:25 als Antwort auf Vineet Ahuja.
Hi,
This yellow paper is the the authentic document which says that the you have been granted permit of work.This document usualy resides with the person for whome it is granted.
For e.g my employer has it for me and I never bothered to ask for it.
But no authority (AA,ABH) so far has asked for this document from me .Its just a documentation.

VAH
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18