Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

indian driving licence

Umschalten
indian driving licence
Antwort
19.10.06 15:09
hi all

Anyone knows aboute driving in germany my question is i have indian driving licence and international both from india can i drive with this licence in germany or not?????????????????

please send me soon reply
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: indian driving licence
Antwort
19.10.06 15:37 als Antwort auf gfdh twhtrj.
Why should we send you a reply soon. go see the FAQ column first.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
19.10.06 17:27 als Antwort auf gfdh twhtrj.
yes you can drive upto six month with indian driving licence than after you can convert into the german DL....but i dont know about international indian DL...you can drive or not better anyone woh knows give him advice
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
19.10.06 23:40 als Antwort auf gfdh twhtrj.
Yes, as mentioned above, you're allowed to drive with your Indian Driving Licence for the first six months in Germany. Don't forget that you need to keep a German translation of your DL with you when you drive. Don't know about how long you can drive and how it exactly works with the International Licence.

Joshua.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
23.10.06 15:54 als Antwort auf gfdh twhtrj.
@chandu,

international DL does not make any difference in germany. Your indian licence is considered as international. You can drive for 6 months and in some cases where you will be returning back in 1 year (obviously you must have proof), you can drive for 1 year. As suggested above, you should carry deutsch translation of your indian licence.

if u plan to stay here for long then it is suggested to get a german licence. i guess you know that within first 3 years you can get it easily without attending compulsory classes but after that you have to do it like a new licence, which costs lot of money and time.

best of luck
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18