Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Selbständig work

Umschalten
Selbständig work
Antwort
09.12.04 12:00
Hi,

I have couple of questions concerning selbständig work:

1- can a student with aufenthaltsbewelligung work as a selbständig?

2- Can a person with GC work beside his regular work , some selbständig work?

3- Can a person with aufenthaltserlaubnis (normal work visa) do also some selbständig work beside his regular work?

if yes for any of the questions, are there any special steps need to be followed?

Thank you in advance
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Selbständig work
Antwort
09.12.04 16:04 als Antwort auf work work.
One condition to start one ´s own business as a foreigner is to have an unlimited residence permit. If you have a residence permit given to you for a special purpose like studies etc. basically you are not allowed to start your own business. After the new law I think you will need a Niederlassungserlaubnis if you want to start your own business. You will get this NL automatically if you invest 1 Million of € and create 10 employments…
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.12.04 16:54 als Antwort auf work work.
Hi,

Thank you Sabine for your answer.

But i am not talking about own company. I am talking about a contract with a company to do a task.

Is this type of work called a selbstandiger or something else?

Can an auslander do that ?

Thank you in advance
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.12.04 17:29 als Antwort auf work work.
>But i am not talking about own company. I am >talking about a contract with a company to do a >task.
So it is the same thing. You are establishing a "one man company". No difference from your own company.
>Is this type of work called a selbstandiger or >something else?
Yes, it is called "selbstständig". "Freiberufler", "Ich-AG" or what so ever.. there are several names.. emoticon

>Can an auslander do that ?
Sure he can do that.. but not with a student visa.. emoticon If you have limited residence permit rather than student visa(like GC) then you need to have the Alien's Office remove the special clause from your residence permit which prohibits you to be self-employed. This is not an easy process as it sounds.. some GCs have done that and they even posted their success stories in this Forum. You need a business plan, persuade the IHK guys etc.. but If I recall correctly, one guy posted here telling that he managed to have remove this clause without a business-plan. It also depends on the state that you are working in, I guess..

>Thank you in advance
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.12.04 17:45 als Antwort auf work work.
OK. But I think it is different. If you are doing a task with ONE company only for a limited time, as long as the task needs to be finished, it is called a Werkvertrag. As long as you are working on the task you are normally an employee of the company. I guess that you will need a different Arbeitserlaubnis for this job. And as student the normal regulation with 180 days etc. will be valid.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.12.04 17:51 als Antwort auf work work.
Hi,

Yes, that what the company wants to do. A WerkVertrag for a special task.

So is this possible to do in a student status?

I would really appreciate it if you could provide me a definite answer, or where i can search for the right rules for doing this or who i need to consult.

Thank you again
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18