Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Ausländerbehörde in Berlin: which one to chose?

Umschalten
Hi All,
I am a newbie here and I have a favour to ask of you.

I. My background

I have been employed in Düsseldorf since 1 September 2009 (§18 Abs. 4 S.1 AufenthG (qualif. Besch. RV)).
I am going to move to Berlin - from 1 August, if authorities will grant me a work permit for the new Company.

II. My request

After 2 full years of employment one can apply for an unlimited (to a certain Company) work permit in Germany - §9, if I am not committing any mistake here. I'd like to aply for it in Berlin - in September 2011.

- Preamble:
As I read here, people in authorities could be very different - those who do not create problems and tho do create them - e.g., in Bonn, as indicated in this forum.

- Question:
Which Berlin's district has a "good" Ausländerbehörde and, therefore, peole working there, for such kind of applications?

The same question in other words: where would you advice to settle in Berlin in the context of a future smooth application for an unlimited (to a certain Company) work permit in Germany?
For those who tried and know.

Thank you!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Ausländerbehörde in Berlin: which one to chose?
Antwort
01.07.10 12:17 als Antwort auf Yuriy Kaban.
You have a legitimate right to get free work permit, no ABH can deny. If the ABH is not friendly, document every communication with them. They have to respond in writing within 3 months. If you are still not happy with their response, hire a well known immigration lawyer based out of Berlin, you will get lightning replies.

Good luck with your job and happy stay in Berlin!!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
01.07.10 13:13 als Antwort auf Yuriy Kaban.
Hi,

easy and only answer: There is only one alien office for whole Berlin.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
01.07.10 15:33 als Antwort auf Yuriy Kaban.
Thanks for your comments!

Oh, I didn't know that there is ony only one office in Berlin! Anyway, the question is answered. ;)

And, btw, which city district(s) are good (e.g., safe, in particular) to settle in?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott