Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Dependent Visa denied

Umschalten
Dependent Visa denied
Antwort
26.06.09 02:00
Dear Members,

I am an Indian and I got married to an Indian who is doing PhD in Germany. I was in Germany on a dependent visa for 2-3 months and went back to India (I had 7 months dependent visa left) for my delivery. No German language was asked even though there was a rule at the time of my application. Now I have applied for the new dependent visa for me and for my child. But unfortunately two big problems popped up. I was denied visa because of not having German language course. Secondly, now they say that my husband is not having enough salary to support me (not because now we are three including our child). This salary issue was totally new to both of us. When my husband inquired, they said that this rule is there for last two years. Do any one know such a rule that a PhD student is not allowed to bring their wife due to less salary they earn? I dont know why they didnot rise this issue during my initial application.

Do anyone heard about a similar problem?
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Saira
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Dependent Visa denied
Antwort
26.06.09 11:45 als Antwort auf Saira Haiden.
Ya shit happens, I dont understand why indian girls are so weak that they cant handle dilivery here alone(just with husband) with much much better care in hospitals.
for 1 question, i guess you have to fulfil now the language issue which not cant be skiped.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
26.06.09 13:06 als Antwort auf Saira Haiden.
Well, language requirement is necessary if you are married to a german national and intend to live in Germany permanently, probably in your case this rule should not be applied. Question of income may be harder, I would expect the requirement of 500-600 euro net income per person, which may vary from Bundesland to Bundesland. You can try to complain, don't know how difficult it is to do so being in India, yet all those problems could have been avoided if you delivered in Germany.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
26.06.09 13:25 als Antwort auf Saira Haiden.
I have 2 suggestions,

1-Learn German.
2-Ask your husband to try to find a better job.

It's too late to do anything else now, you should have planned this before leaving Germany.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
26.06.09 18:12 als Antwort auf Saira Haiden.
I wonder you just came here in Germany ( for 2 months) to getting Pregnant and then left India for Child delivery. Now you are facing consequences of things which havn't googled.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
26.06.09 18:17 als Antwort auf Saira Haiden.
guyz, she didnt ask why/for what reasons she got into trouble, she just asked how to proceed further. Be kind.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
26.06.09 19:30 als Antwort auf Saira Haiden.
hi,

my husband is also doing PhD so when I applied for visa he took a letter from his institute stating after i reach Germany his salary will be increased by 150 euros. I am not sure how much is kinder geld.
so ur husband would be getting more if you both come. try one more time. learn German there (A1 Goethe Institute) and reapply. My husband colleagues are also doing PhD and brought there wife without any problem.

But I should say (so that it may open the mindset of others too) you have missed a great opportunity to be cared here. Medical treatments here are much much advanced here and its almost free. I am amazed each time I visit Doctors here.

Anyways all the best
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Dependent Visa denied- Thank for the comments
Antwort
30.06.09 16:32 als Antwort auf Saira Haiden.
Hi Friends,

Thanks to athinc, mkorobeinik1, AxEnNeSo, kewlbuddy and PaddySriram for the the comments. And Rambalram-Grow up man! I didn go back to India just for delivery. I had to settle some property related issues and when it got delayed stayed back there. I know that was the sole reason for all these problems.
There is no way that I can complain to the authorities. But my husband's employer may increase the salary based on the needs.I started to learn German and hope to join my husband soon after sorting out these two problems.
PaddySriram- U might have learnt German right. Are you sure that the requirement is only level A1 of German?

Thanks again for all ur invaluable comments.

Saira
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
30.06.09 18:13 als Antwort auf Saira Haiden.
http://www.chennai.diplo.de/Vertretung/chennai/en/04/Visa__New/unterbereich__NationalResidencePermits.html

The Language requirement is clearly mentioned here.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
30.06.09 18:51 als Antwort auf Saira Haiden.
Thanks for this info PaddySriram. Aren't PhD students staying only for a temporary period (less than 5 years) in Germany? Then why they are not exempted if they give exemptions to couples who stay less than 5 years. My husband finishes in 10 months from now.
I also heard that the people here wont promote giving kinder geld to foreigners if the baby is not delivered here. Thats why they are making problems with my visa. A Chinese family too had a similar problem of salary. When v change the tax class from 1 to 3, my husband gets an additional 150-70 Euros and the kinder geld is around 180 Euros. If we add up both, it is sufficient according to their calculations. But they are not agreeing on this. Dont know why. Thats why my husband has to write a new contract with raised salary.
Cheers,
Saira
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
30.06.09 19:17 als Antwort auf Saira Haiden.
@Saira,

Kindegeld is not part of the salary as it is an incentive paid by the govt. So they dont consider them.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
30.06.09 21:10 als Antwort auf Saira Haiden.
Hi Friends,

Do any one know about any foreigners getting kinder geld from German govt if the baby is not delivered in Germany?

Saira
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
01.07.09 12:20 als Antwort auf Saira Haiden.
@Saira

Do any one know about any foreigners getting kinder geld from German govt if the baby is not delivered in Germany?

Yes,Many. What would you like to know?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
01.07.09 15:25 als Antwort auf Saira Haiden.
Hi,

UMTS11- Thanx for this info. I was denied dependent visa citing language requirement and my husband's salary (see my previous posts). I came to know that salary is not an issue (for PhD STUDENTS) which is normally raised during dependent visa processing. Some one informed me that they are not interested in giving kinder geld to my husband as my delivery was in India and not in Germany.That is why they are not giving dependent visa citing my husband's salary as a reason. The people whom we know all delivered their babies here. So we were just wondering whether such a kind of reluctance in giving kinder geld is common in Germany.

Saira.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18