Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Got NE with Daueraufenthalt EG

Umschalten
Got NE with Daueraufenthalt EG
Antwort
07.10.06 17:13
Hi everyone,

So finally went to the Munich KVR and got my NE with Daueraufenthalt EG. The guy made me jump through various hoops as there was some problem with my Anmeldung (turned out he was wrong!). After 3 hours of going back and forth between the offices, I finally have my NE and as an added bonus it mentions the "Daueraufenthalt EG" clause on it!

So, as I understand it I can now work in most EU countries without the need for additional permits? Correct?

Say, I move to Belgium. What would be the registration process. What do I have to tell the German authorities?

Cheers
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Got NE with Daueraufenthalt EG
Antwort
07.10.06 18:07 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
Good to know that. How many months before you had submitted the application for NE?
My passport is going to expire next month, and i have green card till 2007 March.
So i am planning to go end of next month with new passport to ask for NE, is this too early?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.10.06 15:06 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
Hi Cherry,

I submitted my application at the end of May and after that I moved to UK. It took them actually 3 months before they did all the background checks. The guy claimed normally it is 4 weeks.

You have to wait till the 60 months are over before you can apply. The guy did not accept my application earlier.

Good luck emoticon
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.10.06 12:40 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
So Xenon,

Ur "Daueraufenthalt EG with NE " is going to be waste if you are living in UK. am I right.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.10.06 12:45 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
@jackal

There was a work around to this problem, I have read that somewhere in this forum.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
10.10.06 02:24 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
@Jackal:

I have a UK work permit so I was not too concerned about that.

@Akshay: I would be interested in the work around if you or someone could find it. I have yet not been able to find it using the search. So if someone remembers the context, I can try to look it up again.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
10.10.06 12:45 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
The problem is that you have to keep your "centre of life" in Germany. It is something up to the officers to decide, once you don't work in germany anymore the workaround is to have a flat in Germany where you can live. And be there regularly.

Now, officers in some states, to my surprise have been a bit lenient on this, because they know that a lot of people have to commute to neighbouring countries, there is no work in germany, etc.

If you do manage to draw their attention then there is a list of things that they will look-up, for example:

-do you own property in germany
-do you work for a german company abroad
-do you have a german partner

for this they have to make a process where you can appeal.

Now, if you had the NE-EG, although the directive for long term residents states that the permit only expires after 5 or 6 years (can't remember exactly) while in another country of the territory of the european union. In the draft of the law, they exclude the UK from the territory of the EU as they are not participating in this directive.

-a
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
10.10.06 14:14 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
@aalvarez

What if someone works in UK/Europe but declares his income-tax in Germany?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
10.10.06 22:21 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
The problem is only with the UK, Ireland and Denmark. Doing your tax return in Germany doesn't really bring you much as it is not related to the problem of regular residence and centre of life, (btw, you can explicitly declare to the british authorities that you don't want to be a resident of the UK, in which case you don't pay some social contributions, but also do not get a state pension).
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
14.10.06 14:20 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
So, if somebody has the 'Daueraufenthalt EG' than he can live and work in EU countries (except UK, Ireland and Denmark). In this case is it any longer the minimum 6 months living in Germany restriction applicable?

Let say that I go to work in Italy and after 6 months the Germany cancels my 'Daueraufenthalt EG'. Which will be my status in Italy in this case? Do I have to inform the German Authorities that I work in Italy?

Thank you.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18