Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

citizenship dilema

Umschalten
citizenship dilema
Antwort
25.05.09 01:04
Hi everyone,
I live in Neuss and am married to a german and so was able to apply for Citizenship after 3 years. I have completed all the formalities and submitted the papers on the 26th of February. I have three questions Please!!

1. How long does it normally take to get an answer?
2. Is it okay to contact the officer in charge or any other means of info?
3. I have a job offer in Baden Württemberg and if i do take up the job i would have to register myself in the new city right? Does it mean that all my papers would be transfered there and the process gets longer or start again??

Im hoping that someone could advise me as to a course of action.

Thanking you all in advance

Sheldon
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: citizenship dilema
Antwort
25.05.09 11:14 als Antwort auf Sheldon Fernandes.
If you are married to a German you can apply for NE after 3 years in which you should have lived in Germany for total 3 years and 2 years in a married relationship,citizenship can be applied only after 4 years.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
25.05.09 11:46 als Antwort auf Sheldon Fernandes.
Hi Raj,

thanks for your reply. you see the problem is not about the application. The Lady at the amt herself told me that you i could apply for the citizenship immediately at the end of three years and that it would take a couple of months.
I already have niederlasungserlaubnis. The question is what i can do to prevent my case being transfered to Baden Württemberg incase i move there and have to register my new location of stay somewhere other than neuss.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
25.05.09 12:46 als Antwort auf Sheldon Fernandes.
You can have the hauptwohnsitz(where you live together with your husand/wife) as the place where you applied for the Citizenship. Your other home in BW can be registered as zweitewohnung. Then there is no need to transfer the file and start the process again.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
26.05.09 23:59 als Antwort auf Sheldon Fernandes.
Hi Raj,

thankyou very much for this tip. im so relieved that i dont have to move the papers. you have been a great help. ill check out the details with the amt.

Best regards

Sheldon
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3