Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work in UK with Resident Visa of Germany

Umschalten
I have 3 year resident permit Visa for living in germany and my wife is a German.
I want to know weather i can go to places like UK or Switzerland without visa? and also work there in these 2 countries?

your help is appreciated
with regards
vimal
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Work in UK with Resident Visa of Germany
Antwort
16.05.05 17:12 als Antwort auf VImal raj.
No, not as a default state.

Some countries that make a lot of income from tourism (like Spain) will let you come in without any checking. But countries like UK won't. The easiest way to find out which country lets you in freely is to check the websites of those countries (immigration service, ministry of foreign affairs and so on). If the information is not clear or if it's missing completely, call nearest british/swiss consulate and ask.

If your temporary resident permit is all you've got, the British won't let you in without their visum (don't know about the Swiss). Even if you had permanent residency (NE) here in Germany, it doesn't matter to them. It's your nationality that counts.

Work is another area. It depends on which kind of entry visum you've received. Tourists are not allowed to work. Students usually are allowed, but I think only certain category of jobs (type and wage level). If you want a full time job (a normal case), you'll have to find a job first and ask that company to give you a work permit sponsorship. The alternative is high skilled migrant programme (if you qualify) - links have been posted here already.
The alternative is to get a German citizenship through your wife. Then you're completely free to do all these things.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
16.05.05 18:22 als Antwort auf VImal raj.
for Switzerland see the link below:

Folgende Dokumente werden in Verbindung mit einem gültigen nationalen Reisepass zur visumfreien Einreise in die Schweiz und Liechtenstein akzeptiert.

http://www.auslaender.ch/einreise/visumvorschriften/D.pdf

source: www.auslaender.ch (official web site)
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
17.05.05 01:20 als Antwort auf VImal raj.
U can't work in any of the countries with normal german residence permit. U can go to swiss as a tourist without visa. For UK u need visa even as a tourist.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
17.05.05 12:59 als Antwort auf VImal raj.
@Vimal

if your German wife accompany you in UK, then you can enjoy the same right for work there. But you will need to take a visa for that.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
17.05.05 19:28 als Antwort auf VImal raj.
Thanks mates for your reply,

1.So i can go to Swiss as a tourist without any visa from Swiss Government.
2. Assume if my wife go to England then is it possible for me also go there without visa.

3. Mr Mk as told that if my wife work there then i can enjoy the same work permit which my wife also enjoys.Could you explain that more in a detailed manner plz with may be an example.

thanks and regards
vimal
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
18.05.05 00:27 als Antwort auf VImal raj.
Hi, here is my case:

I have German resident permit for 5 years and for business purposes I will go to England. The embassy in Düsseldorf asked me to take invitation letter from the company where I will work in England, a letter from the current company, stating that I have an unlimited work contract. Copy of work contract and corresponding documents included for visa application.

I have received 2-year C-visit visa, and with this visa I will stay in England for business purposes. The point is that I cannot stay longer than 6 months (must go out-come in again). In the visa it says no work or recourse to public funds. The officials at the embassy addressed that there is no problem for me to stay for business purposes with this visa.

I have a Turkish citizenship, and require a visa to enter England. I am single, not married.

Klenze17
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
18.05.05 00:51 als Antwort auf VImal raj.
Unfortunately it does't depend on ur wifes citizenship. With german residence permit, u need a visa to enter into UK.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott