Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Internship visa/work permit for Germany

Umschalten
Hi folks, hope you are all well.

Ok, so I am a south african citizen studying here in london england towards my first degree. it is possible that i could be offered an internship for 3 months in the summer.

Now ive been looking all over the place for the procedures to obtain the necessary visa/work permit. And i am yet to find any helpful information, not even on the london german embassy website.

i believe there are some genius here that were in the same situation, i.e. non-EU citizen doing an internship in germany. could you please elaborate on the formalities that you and/or your employer had to undergo. I have a few assumptions, please let me know if they are feasible or else correct me. big thanks in advance!

1. Could I travel to germany on a schengen visa first and obtain/adjust my immigration status to work permit once im there? if so, what documents would i need from myself and my employer?

2. alternatively if i choose to apply for the work permit here in london before travelling to germany, what documents do I need and how long might the processing time be?

also, the internship will be paid so I suppose my employer would need approval from the federal employment agency before a work permit may be issued to me. is this correct?

sorry for the lengthy post, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

take care

Alan
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Internship visa/work permit for Germany
Antwort
16.06.11 02:21 als Antwort auf Alan Richardson.
Hi Alan,

I am a south african citizen who is in the exact same position as you were in when you wrote this post. I am studying in England and have an internship in Germany for 3 months. I was wondering what procedure did you eventually take to apply for your germany internship visa, and how long did it take?

Thanks,

Vuyo
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3