Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

BE for PhD students

Umschalten
BE for PhD students
Antwort
02.05.10 14:02
Hello all,

I wanted to know if anyone has experience in getting a BE while working as a mitarbeiter wissenschaftlicher for more than two years. Of course Rentenversicherung etc. has been paid regularly.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: BE for PhD students
Antwort
02.05.10 14:53 als Antwort auf Vipul Jain.
If you are not registered at the University and have a visa under AufenthG §18, than for sure you can get BE.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.05.10 16:21 als Antwort auf Vipul Jain.
Hi Raj,

Thanks for the reply. Yes the visa is under §18. But registered with the uni as well. Does it mean its not possible to get the BE?

Can you please explain how is registration with uni related to BE visa?

Thanks
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.05.10 17:56 als Antwort auf Vipul Jain.
r u registered as a student? do u live in student dormitory? or do u have a semester ticket?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.05.10 18:41 als Antwort auf Vipul Jain.
Raj, yes to all of your questions. However, according to my understanding the only requirement to get BE is to pay 24 months into Renten and have visa under §18. Can you please clarify if I am wrong?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.05.10 20:02 als Antwort auf Vipul Jain.
I guess u got §18 by mistake, so if u will go to ABH asking for BE, i´m sure u will get your visa changed to §16.

May be u just showed your work contract to the beamter and didn't mentioned anything about your student status?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
03.05.10 10:50 als Antwort auf Vipul Jain.
@ Raj, can you please show me the link where it is mentioned that if someone is registered at uni then, he can't get visa with §18.

@everyone else...any other experiences?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
04.05.10 21:22 als Antwort auf Vipul Jain.
Regarding getting §18 by a mistake - at some Unis you start first as a Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter and register to a Promotion after the first semester so initially you are just a Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter with no student privilegies as a semester ticket, etc so you get visa based on §18. Afrer becoming a promotion student for future visa extensions you just come with a contract extension and paragraph is usually transferred automatically, nobody cares. However, in this case it's a zeitlich bergenzt Beschäftigung and you need 3 years of this visa. In case you already have bachelors or masters from Germany or if your degree is recognized (anerkannt) you already have BE in the area of your expertise.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
04.05.10 22:12 als Antwort auf Vipul Jain.
@mkorobeinik1
Thanks for your reply.

Can you please explain what is meant by
if your degree is recognized or not? Is a degree from Indian university recognized?

Secondly you mentioned about BE in the area of your expertise. Is the BE specific to an area? I thought it meant unrestricted working permit.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.05.10 22:12 als Antwort auf Vipul Jain.
Whether diploms from India are "anerkannt" in Germany I have no idea, other people in this forum probably know better. BE means you have the same working rights as a native german, Arbeitsamt does not need to check if an equally qualified german is available and wants to apply on the same job. Unfortunately having a degree from India does not help much, BeschV § 27 states that you have BE for jobs that agree with your specialization (programist, engineer, economist, etc.) if you got a degree from Germany or a German institution abroad, so looks like i partially mislead you:

§ 27 Fachkräfte

Die Zustimmung zu einem Aufenthaltstitel kann zur Ausübung einer der beruflichen Qualifikation entsprechenden Beschäftigung erteilt werden

1. Fachkräften mit einem anerkannten oder einem deutschen Hochschulabschluss vergleichbaren ausländischen Hochschulabschluss,
2. Fachkräften mit einer einem anerkannten ausländischen Hochschulabschluss vergleichbaren Qualifikation mit Schwerpunkt auf dem Gebiet der Informations- und Kommunikationstechnologie,
3. Fachkräften mit einem inländischen Hochschulabschluss und
4. Absolventen deutscher Auslandsschulen mit einem anerkannten oder einem deutschen Hochschulabschluss vergleichbaren ausländischen Hochschulabschluss oder einer im Inland erworbenen qualifizierten Berufsausbildung in einem staatlich anerkannten oder vergleichbar geregelten Ausbildungsberuf.

Die Zustimmung wird in den Fällen der Nummern 3 und 4 ohne Vorrangprüfung nach § 39 Abs. 2 Satz 1 Nr. 1 des Aufenthaltsgesetzes erteilt.

The last paragraph states the point.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18