Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Questions about Spouse's conditions after the Visa is obtained.

Umschalten
Hello everyone,

I read a lot on the forums about procedures and steps needed in order to apply for a visa for a spouse. What I did not find, are the conditions that the spouse would get once he/she is in Germany. I have the following questions in mind:

1-What's the usual duration of the visa for a spouse?
2-Does the spouse get immediate work permit upon arrival to Germany or is a certain period of time required?(I read some conflicting infos about that subject in some threads here).
3-Is the spouse's case in getting NE later independant of the GC holder's case and is it possible at all for a spouse to get NE?
4-If a GC holder now with NE gets the German citizenship, and the spouse has either a normal visa or a NE, can the main person having the citizenship now help the spouse accelerating her procedure in any way?

Those are some of the questions that had either no clear answers or no answers at all in the forums.
Anybody with a recent experience or uptodate knowledge that can reply to any or all of those questions?

Thanks.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Questions about Spouse's conditions after the Visa is obtained.
Antwort
06.02.07 14:50 als Antwort auf Toni Tabet.
It depends on the visa the partner in germany

2-Does the spouse get immediate work permit upon arrival to Germany or is a certain period of time required?(I read some conflicting infos about that subject in some threads here).

Actually it is one year after she/he has come to germany. But in the case of BE or NE it is possible to get the workpermit from day 1. You just have to ask for it.

3-Is the spouse's case in getting NE later independant of the GC holder's case and is it possible at all for a spouse to get NE?

Not necessary. Skip to the next answer

4-If a GC holder now with NE gets the German citizenship, and the spouse has either a normal visa or a NE, can the main person having the citizenship now help the spouse accelerating her procedure in any way?

The spouse can apply for German Citizenship after two years(starts from day when the person has got German Citizenship) living together in germany. So the question of NE makes no sense.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
06.02.07 15:42 als Antwort auf Toni Tabet.
It depends on the visa the partner in germany

-What do you mean here? The partner has a GC and say has been for 3 years in Germany at that time.

Actually it is one year after she/he has come to germany. But in the case of BE or NE it is possible to get the workpermit from day 1. You just have to ask for it.

-I see, I am not familiar with BE though. Can u brief me about it?

Not necessary. Skip to the next answer

-I guess you didn't understand what I meant here. Suppose the main person gets NE, does the 2nd person have to wait for their own 5 years or maybe more(I don't know the exact conditions) to get their NE?

Thank you for replying.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
06.02.07 16:39 als Antwort auf Toni Tabet.
>>-What do you mean here? The partner has a GC and say has been for 3 years in Germany at that time.

The spouse will get 2 years visa because the GC has only visa for 2 more years

>>I see, I am not familiar with BE though. Can u brief me about it?

It is called Beschaftigung Erlaubt/Gestattet. Search in the forum or FAQ and u will get lots of details

>>I guess you didn't understand what I meant here. Suppose the main person gets NE, does the 2nd person have to wait for their own 5 years or maybe more(I don't know the exact conditions) to get their NE?

Yes. Have to wait 5 years to get their own NE
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18