Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

No-job-treatment

Umschalten
No-job-treatment
Antwort
28.12.04 03:31
I'm curious if there is a (legal) difference how the state treats you depending on the reason for being out of job? For example, is there a difference if one is out of job because he/she was fired and the situation where the company has filled for bankruptcy?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: No-job-treatment
Antwort
28.12.04 12:39 als Antwort auf Miodrag Vidanovic.
yes but not allways.
question is why were you fired.
if you were fired because firma did not have enough Vertrags to keep you, than it is same as when firma goes bankrupt.
But if they fire you because you are inadequate, than you are treated much worse.
For example you don't get ALG (I think).
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
28.12.04 15:49 als Antwort auf Miodrag Vidanovic.
The main difference is if the job loss was caused by yourself, or if it was casued by reasons beyond your control.

It is "self-inflicted" if you:
-Sign an aufhebungsvertrag
-Quit
-Accept a Kündigung without fighting back

It is not "self inflicted" if:
-Company goes bankrupt
-You are fired, and the betriebsrat agrees

I think everything is handled case by case.

You also may get penalties if you don't report to the Arbeitsagentur as soon as you hear that you will loose your job.

In the first case they will not pay you Arbeitslosengeld for a specific period of time, I think three months (maybe more), and this will be deducted from the 12 months that you are entitled to (you will only get it for 9 months).

Regards,
-a
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
28.12.04 16:16 als Antwort auf Miodrag Vidanovic.
Hmmm.. What happens then if you have a timely-limited contract and the company simply does not extend it after your contract expires ?
in this case:
-> You are not fired.
-> You dont quit.
-> You dont have any chance to fight back etc..

Would such a person get unemployment benefit without problems ? is there anyone who had a similar situation ?

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
28.12.04 16:27 als Antwort auf Miodrag Vidanovic.
Yes, you get ALG if contract is simply over.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
28.12.04 16:41 als Antwort auf Miodrag Vidanovic.
Ok, but is there any difference in the procedure if the company goes bankrupt? As soon as it is declared, I have to report to Arbeitsagentur? Or Auslanderamt if that happens after 1.1.05? And then what? Ask for a jobseeking visa (I'm longer than 4 years here)?

Ok, I'm searching for a new job, but I can't be sure who'll be faster here, me or the bankruptcy. So I have to take this scenario as possible and see what is the right (legal) procedure in this specific case.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott