Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa Status for the Spouse of a German Citizen

Umschalten
Hello All,

I recently got my citizenship. My wife came to Germany as a student and is still having the same visa.

Some details:
She came to Germany in May 2008 as a student. We are married to each other since March 2008. She is currently doing her Masters here.

I was wondering if she can change her visa status so that she is allowed to work here in Germany. Will she be eligible to get an NE or some other permanent visa?

Any quick tips on if we should leave her status as it is or it is better to change her status?

Sorry if this question is redundant.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Shyam
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Visa Status for the Spouse of a German Citizen
Antwort
31.08.09 18:30 als Antwort auf Shyam VUDATHU.
Dependent status - entitles her to work permit without restrictions. It is better to change.

Contact ABH to change the status. They might send your marriage certification for verfication to India, assuming you were married in India and were Indian citizens at that time.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott