Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

SAP Vs. Java

Umschalten
SAP Vs. Java
Antwort
14.04.05 00:55
Hi,
i open this topic to know a little bit about SAP. Ofcourse Sap and Java r two different technologies, but how difficult isthat being a java profi to shift from java to SAP field?
I see that people who work with Sap earn relatively high then Java. Ofcourse for someone just getting into IT field would be of no difference if java or sap. But people who r working since more then 6 yrs in IT, java , stay somewhat to same level - in reference to earning potential etc. And if u search different jobsearch engines, there r much more sap jobs then anything else or ?

so, is somebody out there working with both technologies, who can tell whether its possible to enter into SAP field after acquiring some SAP certifications? if yes, which one of the certifications would be the best to start with? SAP technology consultant?
many thanks for ur contributions.
Regards,
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: SAP Vs. Java
Antwort
15.04.05 14:31 als Antwort auf Mubasher Hassan.
SAP and java are not comparable.

But you could compare java and ABAP.
ABAP is SAP programming language.
I think ABAP is a lot aesier than java but...

if you do something in ABAP that is allways extension from some SAP application. In order to extend SAP you should first know everything about SAP modul you are extending.
That means that when working with SAP/ABAP it is not problem to learn ABAP. You must learn SAP modules to extend them and that takes much more time than learning ABAP. And you have to have good knowledge of the area you are in (financials or warehouse or whatever).
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
15.04.05 15:16 als Antwort auf Mubasher Hassan.
thanks DvD.
i wish u good luck for ur BE. Schönes Wochende!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
15.04.05 15:27 als Antwort auf Mubasher Hassan.
Topic is very interesting to discuss becos SAP is moves towards Web Integrations so called ESA (Enterprise Service Architecture ) Technologies.
Most wanted profiles for SAP now is Web Service Architecture consultants.

Core functionality of SAP remains the same but for web integrations and also for colloborative integration, SAP is looks for people with Java knowledge especially in Java beans, RMI concepts.

Question you have asked wonders in everybodies mind in SAP environment. For example core ABAPer with 10 years experience thinks now whether he needs to learn java know. My answer is yes bcos core implementation of SAP is almost saturated . SAP itself looking into new dimensions to capture the potential market in colloborative business.

HTH

Ajay
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3