Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa Requirements for Parents

Umschalten
Visa Requirements for Parents
Antwort
10.04.13 14:41
Hi everybody,

I am currently doing my PhD in Germany. I have been here since 2010. I want to invite my parents to visit me and perhaps stay for a month or two. I live in a single apartment of 30 sq.m. Will I be able to get a verpflichtungserklärung to invite them? (considering the rule of 12 sq. m. per person). And in case I do not get one, what would be the next available option I could do? (like booking a hotel, or show that they can stay at my friends' apartment or something like that).

Please suggest me what can be done. I just fall short of 6 sq.m. emoticon
0 (0 Stimmen)

RE: Visa Requirements for Parents
Antwort
10.04.13 15:46 als Antwort auf Ajay.
If you want to be sure to get visa - book a service appartment for the duration or hotel.

If your friend invites your parents, then this leads to questions like why your friend is inviting and why not you?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
10.04.13 16:15 als Antwort auf Ajay.
@ajayr

I think it is better to go to ABH with Ausweis, house contract and last 3 months salary slip.
If you are fulfilling the requirements then they will give you Verflichtungserklärung, otherwise they will guide you accordingly.

Regards
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
15.04.13 10:58 als Antwort auf Ajay.
I think its possible to get it. I managed to invite my parents when i was living in about 32 sq m. Just go to the ABH with all documents (house contract, salary details, bank statement, details of ur parents passport) and ask them that you want to have a verflichtungserklaerung. It cost 25 euros and you can make a single one for both dad n mom.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
23.04.13 11:15 als Antwort auf ami fran.
Thank you for the information. So I guess I will go to the ABH and I hope I get the verflichtungserklaerung though I just have 30 sq. m.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
23.04.13 11:16 als Antwort auf max leo.
Thank you for the information.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
23.04.13 11:18 als Antwort auf Wim Hannover.
Thank you for the information. Yes, sounds right, I don't want to invite new troubles and questions. I just hope it works with the 30 sq. m. Is it possible that I can book a hotel for this duration and later cancel it when my parents arrive here?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott