Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Change of Health Insurance

Umschalten
Change of Health Insurance
Antwort
15.07.12 08:03
Hello,
I have a public insurance now. My wife got pregnant this month. Earlier, we were planning to change our health insurance to a private one as it is better.
I have a question :- will the new private insurance cover my wife's pregnancy as she is already pregnant. Are there any rules in time period after which private insurances start covering pregnancy.

If anyone has information, pls share it with me.

Thanks & regards
0 (0 Stimmen)

RE: Change of Health Insurance
Antwort
16.07.12 01:36 als Antwort auf Lee Rosy.
Hello, 

I believe you still havent changed the insurance to private yet and are wondering if you could do that now. 

My Opinion : This would be the last thing that you should be worried( Or doing ) about, at this time now.

If you had already started the process way back, that would mean a different story.
You need a status change to do that. ( I mean a change from Public to Private etc..). 

Regards,

supo 
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
16.07.12 09:27 als Antwort auf Sudeep Kumar Pondala.
Hi, first of all thank you for your reply. However, I could not make a conclusion from your message. Is it that I am not suppose to do anything i.e. change the insurance.
I have a salary which allows me to change to private insurance. I think I can initiate that process anytime. However, I doubt if the new private insurance company will cover my wife's pregnancy health costs as she is already pregnant.

If it will not cover, then I will not change.

thanks
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
16.07.12 11:36 als Antwort auf Lee Rosy.
Hi,

private insurances are good for young and topfit singles. As soon as you have a family or need a special treatment, the private insurance can get very expensive. It is not easy to come back to the public insurance once you left it, so if I would be in your shoes I would stay in the public healthinsurance, which covers the whole family. Even the public insurances offer additional features like a private one if you want more service.

My best wishes to you and your wife and the up coming family emoticon

Detlef
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
17.07.12 11:04 als Antwort auf trust7.
Hello,
thanks for the clarification and suggestion. I would continue with the publish insurance from now and yes when required will pay extra amount during delivery time. I did ask few friends and got the iformation that it costs approx. 25€ per day for a individual room which is quite optimal. Along with there could be some unknown costs and overeall even if it is 50€ per day, it should be maneagable.

regards
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
20.07.12 12:12 als Antwort auf Lee Rosy.
A question -
If my wife delivers baby in India and then I make the passport & visa for the baby and bring them back into Germany, will my child have less rights if he/she owuld be born in Germany ?
By the way I & my wife still have Indian passports. I am not sure about the new rules in Germany if one gets more rights if born in Germany.

Regards
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
20.07.12 13:32 als Antwort auf Lee Rosy.
I don't think It will make any difference. unlike USA children born in Germany don't get German citizenship only if you are already living here over 8 years. I am not sure about the Eltengeld...
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott