Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse Visa - Got approved,then asked for Marriage Verification-Strange

Hi,

My wife submitted her visa documents at VFS chennai and had her visa interview on 21st March 2012. She had completed her A-1-1 examination in Feb. We were waiting for the marriage verification to be initiated by the embassy as that is what we heard is the usual norm. I visited my local ABH on May 7th and to my surprise the officer here said my wife's visa was approved. Then she received a call on May 9th 2012 from the chennai embassy that her visa is approved and that she should come with the itinerary for stamping. We were happy that we were lucky to not have the MV processing.

I booked her tickets for 21st May and she submitted her passport for stamping on 14th May. But unfortunately we did not receive the stamped passport back within 3-5 days that the embassy had specified. We rescheduled the ticket and tried contacting the embassy. After alot of effort trying to reach the Chennai embassy via phone, the embassy people said on 22nd May that my wife's visa is withheld as they want to initiate the MV, they asked us to cancel my wife's tickets and wait for the MV email from the embassy which would be sent in a week. We were terribly disappointed. My wife received the MV initiation email on 31st May. We were asked to submit a DD for 20,000 rupees and submit the original MC along with photos. Our documents were delivered by courier on 4th June. We are still waiting for the verification to be completed.

I am now in a dilemma if I should contact my local ABH to check on my wife's visa status or simply just wait for as long as it takes? Any valuable thoughts from you on this is most welcome.

Please help...

Regards
AHK
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7