Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Is there any Tax break for me?

Umschalten
Is there any Tax break for me?
Antwort
01.03.04 13:25
Hi All,

my parents are here(Germany) with me and i have undertaken their responsibility. They stay here for 6 months and all their expenses are paid by me. Even otherwise, they are dependent on me for their livelyhood.

Will I get any tax break for this? I know that i can claim the tax benifit if i send money to india. But it takes lot of convincing..

Any thoughts on this is most welcome.

cheers,
Cmreddy
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Is there any Tax break for me?
Antwort
01.03.04 15:31 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi

As per I knew

First That you a Certificate from Mandel officer or equalent authority that your parents are dependent on you.

Second you need to send money only on their name to their account. You need bank transfer proof.

With these two you can claim for tax benfit.

I think the ammount you are allowed to send arround 1200 Euro per person per month, Correct me if I am wrong.

I am also not so sure how much percentage you get as tax benfit?

I guess atleast 10 to 12% of the transeferd money

With BR

mama
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
01.03.04 17:23 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi,
You can send about 2450? per person per year if it is India.
So at max it can be about 4900? per year as tax free amount .As i got this done last year.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
01.03.04 17:55 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi
As mentioned by Satish, 4900 can be sent to India.Now how much netto does one gets back from the finanzamt?
appreciate your answers
rgds
GnR
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: To CmReddy: Parents in 6 months visa
Antwort
01.03.04 18:20 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Dear Mr. Reddy,

I just want to know how did your parents manage to get 6 months visa. I also recently sent an official 'Verplictesklärung' from the landratsamt for 6 months. Will this document give a six month visa directly in India or they have to come intially with 3 months and then extend it here for 6 months? Is it also a Schengenvisa?

It is very important for me that my parents to stay for 6 months as i have an operation in may following my operation i am expecting my second child.

Regards,
Rajesh
0 (0 Stimmen)

To Rajesh...
Antwort
01.03.04 18:51 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi Rajesh,

they initially get for 3 months which is valid for Germany alone to start with. Once again you need to apply for the extention here.. So ask them to get their photographs along. Once you show the officer the insurance papers and the verpflichtungserklärung, then they will extend the visa to further 3 months.. I think i have replied you in your previous post..

Wish you best of luck..

Cmreddy
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
01.03.04 18:56 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi All,

thankx for your replies.. But what i wanted to know is that if my parents are living here and I support them here (for 6 months).. Then its as good as I am supporting who are in Germany. That means the limit 7500 Euros or so,, can be spent on my parents alone here in Germany.. Instead of me sending money to india.. will I be able to claim tax benifit just by supporting them here..

I am pretty much aware of the procedures to send money to india to support the family.. This is not what i want.

Is there a clause or rule which allows me to claim tax benifits if I support my parents here in Germany.. Any thoughts on this..?

regards,
Cmreddy
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Is there any Tax break for me? To Cmreddy
Antwort
02.03.04 11:28 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi Reddy,

Thanks for your reply. I think you can apply for a tax return showing the basis of your parents being here with you. I myself did last time when my mother-inl-law was here for my wife's first delivery. My steurberater asked me if i can provide proof of her stay. I did it by showing her visa copy with stamps and her air-ticket. They have a limit, i think it is 400€ per person per month. You have to make sure that your parents retain their final ticket coupon after they reach india. Also, they showed write a written letter that they stayed with you( with a reason) and they are totally dependent on you.

I hope this works out..

Can you also please tell me, if your parents were given a Schengen D visa?. My parents were told by the chennai consulate that the visa takes up to 12 weeks time?`was it the same in your case?

Have a nice stay with your parents

Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.03.04 11:33 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi Reddy,

I am sorr y, i didnt notice in your reply that they were given only a visa to Germany. But can you tell me was it a D visa. When my mother in law was here, they refused to do an extension here citing the reason that she was holding a C visa( but that was 2 years before)

Regards,
Rajesh
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.03.04 11:40 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi Reddy,

Its was nice to know the process to get the Visa extended for parents, but one small queiry is it also posible if the 'Verplictesklärung' was only for only 3 months initially.
Please let me know as i have to extend visa for my parents next month.

Sudhakar Reddy
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.03.04 12:28 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi S.Reddy,

I think the 'Verplichtungsklärung' cannot be extended when your parents in germany. They can issue a new one but they have to return home and reapply for a new visa. In my case, i requested the office authorities for 6 months, intially they refused to give me 6 months but after i showed my doctor certifctes, they gave me a 6 months declaration. My parents will be applying for visa with that this monday. hope it works out well!!

Regards,
Rajesh
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.03.04 17:45 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi Rajesh,
What is ' C ' visa and 'D' visa? I think it goes in this way. First u send "Verpflichtungserklärung" which is valid for 3 months. Then after the parents come U get their visa extended showing convincing reason .
Am I right? Correct me if am not!

Cheers
Hari
0 (0 Stimmen)

To Madhusudan
Antwort
03.03.04 12:58 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi Madhu,

its very important that the type of visa issued is of type D. These visas can be extended. If its a type C visa, you can pretty well give it a try, but i dont see much of a chance. And if its a type D visa, i think you can extend the visa by having a new erklärung.. But again, you need to take new insurance and so on and so forth.. Let me know if you need more details..

Cheers,

Cmreddy
0 (0 Stimmen)

to Rajesh
Antwort
03.03.04 13:12 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi Rajesh,

yes the procedure takes minimum 6 weeks but 12 weeks it too much of a time. Provided you followup with the authorities here. I managed it in 29 days.

And make sure to check for the visa type when its issued in chennai.. Incase its not D, ask them to change it. Its our responsibility to check for the correctness of the visa.. Its funny but its like that.. Check for dates, passport number, name and visa type..

Cheers

Chandu..
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
03.03.04 15:21 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi cmreddy,
Kindly give details regarding the insurance requirements , if I am right, applying for visa at consulate
travel visa is required. If the extension for more than 3 months is required then we need to take a insurance here.
Is it?
Kindly do also suggest a good travel agent in Hyd/Bangalore who can do visa processing and also provide tickets at competetive price.

Regards,
Hari
0 (0 Stimmen)

To Blueshari
Antwort
03.03.04 19:49 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
hi Hari,

you have now confused me.. I am not sure what you really want..
May be you can rephrase it and I may be able to help you.. Cheers,

Cmreddy
0 (0 Stimmen)

To CMReddy
Antwort
03.03.04 20:00 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi CmReddy,
Sorry for the confusion. I want to know
1)what documents r to be submitted at German consulate by the person who is coming on visiting visa?
2)what about medical insurance document which has to be submitted?
3)If u r aware of any travel agents in Hyd/Bglore who can help with visa processing do let me know.
Thanks for help

Cheers,
Hari
0 (0 Stimmen)

To Blueshari
Antwort
04.03.04 14:02 als Antwort auf CM Reddy.
Hi Hari,

1)what documents r to be submitted at German consulate by the person who is coming on visiting visa?

a. Visa application form

http://www.germanembassy-india.org/en/willkommen/visa/visaform.pdf

Above mentioned form is for 3 months and there is no way you can extend the visa. its a tourist visa and is a type C visa. Remember cannot be extended.

http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/de/infoservice/download/pdf/formulare/aufenthalt.pdf

Above mentioned form is for a period more than 3 months. Fill two copies each for one person. It will take around 4 weeks to 12 weeks to get a visa here. Intially they get a visa for 3 months and it can be extended here in germany for the period of 3 more months. But its important that they the health insurance for the whole period.

b. Verpflichtungserklärung for whatever time you want your parents to be with you.

c. You need flight tickets before hand if you are applying for tourist visa, if not you can buy them later..

e. Health insurance papers to be taken before hand while applying for a visa. It could be National Health insurance, or Oriental insurance so on and so forth.. Its easy.. They have specific insurance which covers health, loss of passport and loss of lugguage.. Its given for a period of maximum 180 days.. But you can always check with the insurance guys..

f. Photographs.. Keep around 5 for each person..

g. Bank statements of your dad / parents.

3)If u r aware of any travel agents in Hyd/Bglore who can help with visa processing do let me know.

Well, so far all the travel agents i have tried have been a**holes. The best thing you can do is to ask if your relative is there in Chennai to do it personally in the consulate. Its not really a big deal.

Or you can talk to any travel agent, and they will have their counterparts in Chennai, who will take around 300 Rs per passport to do this job.. Courier charges are extra. If you are doing it for first time,, i suggest goto a travel agent.. Shop around for ticket prices.. Hope this helps..
Cheers,

Cmreddy
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3