Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Staying past 5 years as a GC with a contract

Umschalten
Hi,

I hope that someone is able to answer some of the questions that i post here. I am a greencard (GC) holder and my visa is to expire JULY 2005. I have a contract with an international organisation which started in january 2004 for 3 years with a one year option.

1) Is it possible to obtain a "normal" visa after the 5 years as a
GC?
2) Does anyone know of any methods that i can stay here longer than five years?

My predicament is that i have a contract that ensures me employment for another 4 years but it seems that i came to germany under the wrong visa scheme which restricts me to an employement of only 5 years.

I am also under time pressure as i have obtained a job back in my home country but dont really want to go home unless i know that there is no chance for me to extend this 5 year work permit restriction?

Any suggestion/comments or help will be appreciated.

DMEA
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Staying past 5 years as a GC with a contract
Antwort
17.03.04 22:55 als Antwort auf Daljeet Singh.
Dmea !

Is this a joke ?

What you are asking is a topic that the GC holders have been discussing here in this forum for the last 2 years..

If you can find an answer to your questions then please let me know as well..

(Uhh.. by the way.. I am afraid I also came to Germany under the wrong visa scheme.. so did the 15.000 GC Holders.. :-)

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Staying past 5 years as a GC with a contract
Antwort
18.03.04 11:00 als Antwort auf Daljeet Singh.
Hallo Dmea,
Firstly welcome to the forum. This topic is one of the hottest topic of this forum.

"Can GC stay more than 5 years; or rather can GC obtain Permanent Resident".

As you know, the GC program allows non-EU person to work in Germany for max, 5 years...and most of the GC comes here and hope they could prolong their stay....eventually to get PR or citizenship. But during this period, there are number of GC loses their job and some of them are force to go home...(of course this is another dicussion issue for the past 2 years).

For your case:
1. Yes/No. To obtain, "normal Visa" , I assume you mean PR, where youur working permit is no more limited, is all dependent from Arbeitsamt. Based on current law-there is no black/white to the topic of GC...so we could base on "Foreigners right". Theorectically based on Foreigners law, a GC can apply for PR. But based on GR rule...NO. Arbeitsamt might able to change your GC to normal Visa after 5 years...ofcourse you have to proof you have a job.

2. There are many methods where you can stay more than 5 years. Marriage, Your own company.....

Good luck and have fun
Seng Kiang
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3