Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Is Kindergeld dependent on salary?

Umschalten
Is Kindergeld dependent on salary?
Antwort
04.10.05 21:12
Does eligibility to receive Kindergeld for my child depend on me having a salary under a certain level?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Is Kindergeld dependent on salary?
Antwort
05.10.05 01:02 als Antwort auf David Robertson.
I think it is a fixed amount (154 Euro).
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.10.05 01:16 als Antwort auf David Robertson.
What I want to know is:
if my salary is high will I still get Kindergeld for my child?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.10.05 01:24 als Antwort auf David Robertson.
Firstly, your child(ren) should be living in Germany and Angemeldet. Your first two kids would get 154 Euros p.m. From your third kid onwards, you'd get 179 Euros p.m. All this is irrespective of your salary.

Perhaps, Erziehungsgeld depends on one's salary.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.10.05 12:40 als Antwort auf David Robertson.
I think SouthSider confused Kindergeld and Erziehungsgeld. KG is not based on one´s salary, abut EG is.

Maybe someone with experience could comment.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.10.05 14:44 als Antwort auf David Robertson.
Got it right Fred, no need to add more on this.

D.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.10.05 14:51 als Antwort auf David Robertson.
Thanks Guys! Can you give me a short explanation of process I must follow to apply for the Kindergeld? And list of documents I need? Can I download application forms from somewhere?

I am guessing I take all standard documents I have to Auslanderamt (or do I go elsewhere?) and talk to someone there.....???

Thanks again!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.10.05 15:29 als Antwort auf David Robertson.
@Southsider

in case your kid was born here, you should have filled the forms when the people from the Stadt came to visit your kid at the hospital (they do that in Mainz, normally, a woman from the Stadtamt comes every morning at the hospital to check if a kid was born and in case, bring papers on the next day, I dunno if it's the case in the other cities).
If not, you need to bring the passport, the Geburtsurkunde, the Meldebestätigung (but this one casn be done later), that's all I was asked when my daughter was born.
Good is also to open a Sparkonto for the kid, so that the money will be sent to this account (I don't like to mess with my kids' money as it ain't mine ;-))

D.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.10.05 17:38 als Antwort auf David Robertson.
A related question.

I applied for Kindergeld on 15th August and the officer accepted the application.

It has been more than 1.5 months now but I havent received any money in my bank account.

Wondering what takes soo long for them to release the money. Is it a common experience ?

Cheers,
Nitin.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.10.05 17:45 als Antwort auf David Robertson.
From what I've seen on the internet I don't need to bring many documents when I go to apply. Is that correct? Of course I'll bring passports, registration at residence, birth certificate (baby born outside Germany) with translation and notorized I believe or maybe it is with appostile. and whatever other documents I see at home.....

I would expect it takes some time before money starts rolling in - don't worry about it. Money will find you.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott