Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

visa, workpermit, passport expiration

Umschalten
visa, workpermit, passport expiration
Antwort
10.03.05 12:23
Hi All,

My visa, workpermit and my passport all are going to expire by the end of June. Can anyone suggest what are the possibilites in case I am not
able to find another job? It will be less than two years by the end of June? According to my knowledge Green Card holders are allowed to stay for three to six months
if they have worked more than one year? What would happen in this case, will I get a new visa for Arbeitslosgeld in case if I have no job?

Thanks in advance for kind suggestions.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: visa, workpermit, passport expiration
Antwort
10.03.05 15:34 als Antwort auf nanda nanda.
Hi, nanda,

I hope, that my experience could help you.
At the begining of February I lost my job, then I have found a new one. Then I decided to change my passport, because it expires anyway in Juni. I've got the new passport in about 3 weeks, then I went to AB and told them, that I'm changing my passport and the job. The officer desided to send my documents to AA for Arbeitsmarktcheck, and now I'm waiting for the results. I hope, that everything will be OK.

A friend of mine has changed his passport few weeks before me. He was employed at the moment (he is still employed). Then he got immediatelly new visa - unbound to any company, stating that he is allowed to work into the IT Branch. And he was told, that he is not required to change the visa if he has to change the job again.

From here I could deduct, that the successful tactic is to change you passport, while you are employed. Then you get new, unbound visa. The next question is what will happen, if you lose your job and cannot find a new one. But, there are better experts than me...

Regards,
Plamen

PS: My experience is in München
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7