Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Minimum requirement -Aufenthaltstitel for spouse visa

Umschalten
Hi All,

Please can anyone say what is the minimum aufenthaltstitel (visa) period that one should have when his wife apply for a spouse reunion visa from her home county...

for example i heard some of my friends saying that i should have minimum of 6 months validity for my wife to apply... but i couldnt find any rules in the internet about this ..can any one put a lime light on this question.

Thanks in advance
suresh lakshmanan
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Minimum requirement -Aufenthaltstitel for spouse visa
Antwort
21.10.08 15:17 als Antwort auf suresh lakshmanan.
there is no minimum period. I have heard of people who have got it within their 1st month and also within their probation period.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.10.08 16:59 als Antwort auf suresh lakshmanan.
Thanx for the reply stutt23, contradictory to ur reply my wife`s and my colleagues wife`s visa has been rejected for the same reason that we are in probation period and that too we finished our probation actually ( 3 months probation for us). but the lady who is dealing our case said that according to german rules that one has to work in a company atleast for 6 months. ( we both already worked in different companies more than 2 yrs)
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.10.08 17:32 als Antwort auf suresh lakshmanan.
Does this kind of visa approval depend upon regions in Germany i.e. Berlin differs from Munich or Düsseldorf or Köln or Hamburg.

If your wife is staying with you on dependent visa for a long term and if you change your company with a proper WP, then what is the reason of withholding the dependent visa of your wife. Did you ask that to the authorities. Or is it that since you have changed your company in Germany, whether your wife has stayed with you on dependent visa does not matter anymore and she has to apply for a new visa completely from scratch thus making it hard for wives as they will have to leave for their host country until their visa gets approved.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.10.08 19:14 als Antwort auf suresh lakshmanan.
@suresh

I have not read German immigration law in detail. From my general understanding probationary period/6 months does not have to do anything with dependent visa .

The German law expects that you have a stable source of income to support dependent. Stable income can be job contract or business with steady income over few years of tax filing.

Again a law is open to many interpretations.

The official is probably interpreting that income after probationary period is stable.

Good luck with your visa.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.10.08 19:16 als Antwort auf suresh lakshmanan.
Dear Mkirstens,

May be i didnt explain well or you mistaken,
the fact is after i changed the company i got married and she applied on my 4th month in new work place and got rejected for the probation reason.

(I change my company on june 2008 ,we got married on june 2008 she applied on september 2008 and got rejected.)
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.10.08 20:11 als Antwort auf suresh lakshmanan.
even if you are a master student your wife is eligible for a dependent visa provided you should prove them that you can financially support her. so i think your wife visa should not have been rejected since you are in probationary period, but one important thing is you should have residence permit for atleast one year at that time of your wife's application.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
23.10.08 00:32 als Antwort auf suresh lakshmanan.
Hi Suresh,
I have heard of such cases (Spouse in germany need to have atleast 6 months of visa). At the same time, I know of people who didnt satisfy but still got Family reunion visa. It purely depends on the city and the beamter.

Incase your city and beamter says that as the reason, ask them to extend your visa first quoting the same reason.

All the best
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18