Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Moving to another city in Germany and Work permit

Umschalten
Hello Folks.
So, let me briefly describe my situation:
-I work in Germany since January 2010, as a full time employee, so I do pay all the required taxes insurances.

-recently(November last year) , I got my electronic residence card, with an extra work permit confirmation that states that I'm allowed to work as an Engineer for the firm X till end of 2013.

-I'm currently employed with the Frankfurt branch of the firm, but starting April, I would need to move to work in Berlin for the same firm (although it could be a different Gmbh... but still no changes in the contract, just an extra paper to sign mentioning I would be working for Berlin Branch).

I'm now trying to figure out, which right step to do in order to move smoothly without headaches to Berlin. my questions:

1- Shall I go to the AuslanderBehörde in Frankfurt and ask for a BE which I suppose I'm eligible for, and get my self an employee independent work permit, and thus just do the abmeldung from Frankfurt and register my self in Berlin?
Which papers I shall take with me to get this new work permit? and do you think it need the market check? shall I inform also the AB in Berlin then once I'm there or the burger amt should be enought

2-If solution one is not possible, what do you propose guys?

I'm just trying to avoid back and forth trips to the AB.

Thanks a lot guys for your support!
Regards
Alex
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
06.02.12 21:45 als Antwort auf Alex Master.
Hi Alex,

very easy answer...

... there is no need to do anything, except the registration at the 'Meldestelle' in Berlin, when you got your new address. With the same document you will do the deregistration of your old address.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
06.02.12 22:07 als Antwort auf Alex Master.
Hi Detlef,

thanks for your reply.

I feel that it's not enough to derigister an register in another address, because Berlin and Hessen have 2 differents Arbeitsamt, and the work permit that I have now is bound to the firm which is based in Frankfurt, and the Arbeitsamt that issued my WP is the one of Frankfurt am main, so I feel that I will need to get another approval from the AA of Berlin or ?

Cheers
Alex
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.02.12 01:02 als Antwort auf Alex Master.
Hi again,

your permit is bound to your company. You will work for the same company at a different location in Germany.

There is no problem, but you can go to the alien office and ask and if you are lucky and meet the right officer... maybe you will get a problem ;-)

Keep us updated!

Detlef
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.02.12 10:51 als Antwort auf Alex Master.
Hi Detlef

I hope I will not get an issueemoticon. I'm just concerned about the fact that my current work permit was issued by the AA in Frankfurt and It's written that it's valid in the area covered by the AA Frankfurt, If I will be in Berlin, the AA/AB should issue the same theoretically emoticon
You know, I wish just this headache of AA/AB just end, I'm tired of those visits, just I wish they just let us work as soon as I have an unlimited work contract!I don't know why Germany does not make it simpler for qualified people.
I will definitely keep you updated guys.

regards
Anis
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.02.12 11:35 als Antwort auf Alex Master.
Hi Alex,

this is a very special case that it is written that your work permit is only valid in Frankfurt. In this case you should check with the alien office, of course!

I have accompanied so many work permit applications during the last 12 years, I never had such thing. Maybe you or your employer had made a mistake during the application process and wrote just for Frankfurt in the job description. I do not know. Usually you apply for whole Germany.

My company is located in Berlin and my engineers are working in many different cities in Germany.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
11.02.12 14:46 als Antwort auf Alex Master.
Hi Detlef,

Ok let me sum up what I have come to.

Since I payed 2 years Social Insurance, I was eligible for BE Work permit, that allows me working in any place in Germany with any firm.
I was yesterday at the AB and I was issued that permit.

I asked the Beamter and he confirmed to me that as far as you have not payed at least 24 months in the Social Insurance or you did not stay in Germany at least 3 years regularly, the WP would be bound to the firm/town.

That was my conclusion.

Thanks for your Support
Alex
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7