Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

National Visa Experience - Mumbai

Umschalten
National Visa Experience - Mumbai
employment visa mumbai national visa experience
Antwort
23.10.18 13:23
Hi Guys,

The forum was insightful to me when I was putting in my application and hence posting my experience, hope it helps. (Read till the end, posted some pro tips to avoid delays)

Booked on - Aug 2, 2018 (Book early and then arrange docs, waiting lists sometimes are 2 months as in my case)
Appointment Date: October 2, 2018
Visa Approval Mail: October 19, 2018

Since I was applying for myself and family, had to take 2 appointments for the same day and time. Mine was under employment and my wife as dependent. Our Minor daughter could accompany us on her mother’s appointment itself, no separate appointment was required for her.
Since 2nd October was a holiday, the entire parking was empty else take a cab or have someone drop you. Parking can be an issue, unless you mind parking on marine drive and walking 200 M to the consulate.
PRE- WORK
  • Read the checklist available on the German mission’s website and arrange the documentation.
  • 2 copies for everything. EVERYTHING!
  • No staples, only binders or clippers.
  • Any order is ok because in the consulate you get a diff checklist and that is 25% the amount of paper that you have carried. (Yes, it sucks to waste tons of paper and feel guilty about it, but that is how it is.)

AT THE CONSULATE

• You enter the consulate and frisked
  • DD and Appointment is checked, (make sure you verify the amount from the website, a day before apt. Ours increased and I luckily saw it and got new DDs made.)
  • If everything is Ok you proceed inside with a token number (Same token for the family).
  • Sort the docs for every applicant as per the new checklist. (both sets, took me 20 mins)
  • Proceed to the counter and hand over only what is asked, don’t be over enthusiastic. The officer will ask for something if he/she needs it.
  • In My case the officer was polite and courteous (can’t say that for the one at the next counter, could hear her getting irritated for petty issue and blabbering out things uncalled for, poor applicant was controlling her anger although it started showing).
  • She went through the sets and started handing out paperwork back saying she didn’t need it, only kept the most basic. (means even more wasted paper)
  • Asked basic questions, nothing that a genuine applicant would know. (Both personal and professional)
  • Since mine was within the group company, from the Indian branch to the German and on a fixed tenure contract the application was backed up by docs from both companies.
  • I had 3 passports attached back to back full of travel stamps also ensure that I knew what I was doing.
  • The officer will ask for Originals to cross check, make sure you carry everything (including Marriage photo album, she went through it scrolling through random pages.)
  • As soon as my part was done, I grabbed my daughter and went to the little kids play area so that my wife could get hers in process.
  • Basic questions with her as well, marriage etc. (nothing a genuine applicant wouldn’t know)

Once through, the officer took our passports and stamped them with an application stamp and handed them back along with the receipts. At this point she told me that there was a difference between the working hours in the Work permit approval and my company contract of 6 minutes per week (YES!) and I would have to ask my company HR to mail them that I would have to work 6 min more the same day, else submit the letter to the nearest VFS. I called my HR and he sent the mail within minutes and we headed out.

AFTER SUBMISSION

Now comes the fun part, the same day my wife gets an email that she needs to submit a copy of the gazette for her official name change from her maiden name. We are married for 6 years and all her documentation has her new name. In Delhi where we are from an affidavit is sufficient to get the name changed so we never got the gazette process done. She mailed the consulate, and we were bluntly told to arrange it.

So, we got it done from Mumbai itself because the process was online and much easier and cheaper than going to Delhi. That’s roughly 10 days, the application was kept on hold till then. If you don’t have it, GET IT. At the time of submission, all other applicants were females waiting to submit their gazette copies. So, there is a high chance that it will be asked for later. It’ll be a time saver if you carry it during interview and let them know that you have it and willing to submit it there and then.

We submitted the same on 15th and got the approval mail on the 19th October, suggesting that was the only thig they were waiting for.

Tips:

• Work Permit Pre-Approval always helps, gets the application processed faster.
  • Make sure you carry the originals and sorted properly.
  • Be confident.
  • If you have kids, keep them in control. The staff is not very accommodating to noisy lads. They have a tiny play area.
  • If you go on a limited time contract, language will not be a requirement for your spouse. Unlimited contracts are a diff scenario but I am told they have been told to process anyway (dont know how correct that is.)
  • Work permit pre approval is to be arranged by your employer (mine took 4 days).This needs to be submitted in original, keep a copy for yourself.

Hope it helped, you will be told 90 days but 90% applications are processed in 15-20 days.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott