Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Parental allowances

Toggle
Parental allowances
Answer
4/20/16 12:00 PM
Dear all,
I would like to get some info on child+parent allowances that I am entitled to in Germany.
I am working (have NE) but my wife is not (she has never worked in Germany, but has a valid work permit). Based on the info that I could gather (please correct me if I am wrong)
- Child allowance of EUR 180 per month -> In this net or gross
- If I opt for parental leave then I get 67% of my monthly income -> Is there any possibility for doing a part-time during this time. If yes what would be the monthly allowance I would be entitled to
- Would my wife (who has never worked in Germany) also get some allowances after birth of child
- I believe there would be paper work involved in the above process. When is it advisable to start with paperwork and whom to approach (foreign office, employer, or any other office..) or would this have to be done after birth of child.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Parental allowances
Answer
4/21/16 5:29 PM as a reply to Curious.
[quote=Hi Please find my feedback below:

Curious]Dear all,
I would like to get some info on child+parent allowances that I am entitled to in Germany.
I am working (have NE) but my wife is not (she has never worked in Germany, but has a valid work permit). Based on the info that I could gather (please correct me if I am wrong)
- Child allowance of EUR 180 per month -> In this net or gross. This is net, you will get EUR 180/month. Please contact familenkasse for the documents.This has to be done after birth of child. Birth certificate of the baby is mandatory.
- If I opt for parental leave then I get 67% of my monthly income -> Is there any possibility for doing a part-time during this time. If yes what would be the monthly allowance I would be entitled to. I don't think, you can do a parttime job. You need to apply for this parental leave, 8 weeks before taking leave.
- Would my wife (who has never worked in Germany) also get some allowances after birth of child. Yes. Your wife will get Elterngeld, EUR 375/month for  year. Please contact Jugentamt for documents. This has to be done after birth of child. Birth certificate of the baby is mandatory.
- I believe there would be paper work involved in the above process. When is it advisable to start with paperwork and whom to approach (foreign office, employer, or any other office..) or would this have to be done after birth of child.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18