Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

RE: Elterngeld while staying outside Germany

Umschalten
I am a non-EU citizen working in Germany for a German company. 
If I stay outside Europe along with my newly born baby during my Elternzeit of 12 months and terminate my rental home contract and keep my luggage at my friend's house and when I come back to Germany (may be towards the end of 12 months) I rent a new house, then will I be eligible for Elterngeld? 

I do not want to pay the huge rent amount when I wont be using it.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.11.14 04:22 als Antwort auf Tiya De.
With this arrangement, you will get elterngeld for 6 months. You will loose ur residence permit after 6 months. All payments will cease after 6 months.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.11.14 06:08 als Antwort auf Wim Hannover.
I have EU Blue card. I can stay outside Europe for 1 year. 
But that is not my question. My I'm worried that since my address will be de-registered from Germany, will I be eligible for Elterngeld?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.11.14 07:46 als Antwort auf Tiya De.
deregistration means you are no longer resident or living in Germany. hence you loose your residence permit as well. If you do not have any lawful residence why should the govt. pay you any benefit?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.11.14 09:56 als Antwort auf Wim Hannover.
clear case of misusing the system.

Firstly the OP wants to recieve the "elterngeld" for which he/she has all the rights to. But wanting to clam it while not in Germany is bit tricky.

And on top of it, not willing to be registered as a resident in Germany.

Why should any country pay benefits to a non-cititzen and a non-resident.

So decide what to want
  • to save money by de-registering your address
  • or recieve Elterngeld
Both cannot be possible. Any ideas form other experts?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.11.14 14:01 als Antwort auf coolguy munich.
Cebit and coolguyinwuppertal, you both are 100% right. If anyone misuses the benefits from the system like this, every chance of getting caught comes into picture automatically.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.11.14 14:27 als Antwort auf hprj.
I do not understand why would you think that I am trying to miuse the system ? What part of the question states that I want to do something that is illegal ?

I do not wish to do anything illegal. I am just trying to find out about my eligibility if I stay outside. If I am not eligible then that is perfectly okay with me. 

Please do not judge people and their intentions without having much idea.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.11.14 14:59 als Antwort auf Tiya De.
tiyade:
I do not understand why would you think that I am trying to miuse the system ? What part of the question states that I want to do something that is illegal ?

I do not wish to do anything illegal. I am just trying to find out about my eligibility if I stay outside. If I am not eligible then that is perfectly okay with me. 

Please do not judge people and their intentions without having much idea.
Here nobody is judging you and are just giving thier opinions. It's an open forum, so should expect some criticism.

You have posted the same question in other forums & got the same reply -> Misuse of the system.

Termining a rental contract, keeping your luggage at friends home is equal to de-registering. After all these stuff you still expect people to give you guidelines on how to misuse the System.

You got the same answer from different forums so the topic is closed. Nobody in this forum will give you advice to misuse the system.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
25.11.14 11:13 als Antwort auf Tiya De.
Hi,

I think its important to have an address in germany to recieve elterngeld (may be a small aprtment for the sake of address, sometime even a shared apartment just for the sake of address might work cheaper for you). I was outside europe for 4 months during elternzeit while my husband lived here in Germany in our address. I recieved elterngeld and had no problem. 

If you de-register your address completely then may be you might not be eligible. You could check with PRO FAMILIE who help out with illegal problems during pregnancy (elterngeld, elternzeit, your contract issues etc). They tell you a lot of possibilities and normally their advice is free of charge.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott