Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Tricky Tax Situation in buying flat with names

Toggle
Hello,
I am in the process of buying a flat in Germany. Now the builder as well as the bank suggested me to have flat booked in my and spouse name. Hence now I have the docs from Notar and from Bank received where I see my name and my spouse name in it.

Now the tricks situation :-
1. My spouse does not work, its me the sole income person.
2. One of my friend told me that thee could be steur(tax) consequeces if I have my spouse name in it.

I am now not sure about it as the Steur (tax) is always 5% of the entire Kaufpreis of the flat, so why should the spouse pay extra.

Request your feedbacks if anybody has gone through such phase.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Tricky Tax Situation in buying flat with names
Answer
3/7/14 10:02 AM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
Regarding the tax issues, as you wife has her name on it, both you and her have to pay your share of the taxes. I know that because it was the case when we bought a house with my wife's name and mine on it last year, but it wasn't the case when we bought an appartment with only my name on it back in 2009.
But it shouldn't be a problem, when we bought our house, my wife wasn't working (she is now a Ph. D. student), so I was the sole bread winner. We had to pay something like 20K in taxes for the house, shared in 10K for her and 10K for me, I just paid the 20K in two installments with the Verwendungszweck they wanted. That's it.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18