Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Blue Card and Permanent Residence

Respuesta
19/12/12 13:44 en respuesta a Brain Teaser.
I will be completing 5 years working in Germany this month (Dec 2012) with salary above 90K Euros. I am told that I can apply for a Blue card with unlimited validity.

1. Is Bluecard with unlimited validity better than the NE ?

2. How does Bluecard with unlimited validity affect citizenship process as compared to NE ?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
19/12/12 20:59 en respuesta a Ram Kumar.
Hello,

There is nothing called BlueCard with unlimited validity. Bluecard is always limited. BlueCard is for newcomers to Germany and you could, after staying in Germany for a particular period, convert it into a NE based on some conditions (you will find the details in BlueCard section of this site). The older rule of getting an immediate NE based on salary does not exist anymore and every newcomer has to go through BlueCard and then to NE. In your case, since you have completed 5 years of stay, you could apply for NE directly under the "5 years rule". You dont need to take Bluecard and you will get NE directly.

All the best!

Regards,
Nirmal
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
19/12/12 21:35 en respuesta a Nirmal Sasidharan.
Hi

I came to Germany on a workpermit in September 2012 . I applied for Resident permit card . The visa officer issued visa till the validity of workpermit contract but issued a paper specifying my blue card number . she informed that i need to get another  appointment to get plastic  Blue card

I really dont understand , why visa officer gave Blue card number when i came to this country on a workpermit .

Any views ..

Thanks
RJ
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
23/12/12 1:01 en respuesta a Rajesh K.
Hello,

I found this forum useful, however I sill have not been able to find answers to few of my questions regarding a Niederlassunserlaubnis.

As a non EU National residing in Germany since April 2007, I became eligible for a permanent residence permit in this month. But unlike the ealier form of Dauerauftenhalt-EG now it seems we have NE für Absolventen Deutsche Hochschule. As I did my technical masters in renewable energy. The ABH said I was eligible for this NE. And said that I could choose between the two. But I am not sure which is more better.

I understand with the 18 b NE, I could work and move within EU. I have been working for the last 2 years in Germany and this can increase my mobility.

I am also married and would definitely like to know if it has advantages for my wife. Can my wife who is also a non EU National get a NE along with me or do I have follow some other procedure. Shes currently a masters student in Informatik.

Will I be eligible for unemployment money with the NE.

With NE, should I still wait another 3 years to apply for German citizenship.

Could some one help me elaborate on these questions possibily and also other advantage which I might not be aware of.

Thannk you for your feedback.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
23/12/12 7:01 en respuesta a Nirmal Sasidharan.
Thanks Nirmal.

I understand that for NE, one needs to submit an integration certificate. I have done about 600 hours of German lessons in VHS and have the certificates. Is that sufficient? Where can I get the integration certificate? I speak reasonably good German.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/06/13 16:58 en respuesta a Brain Teaser.
Hi all,
Hi Brain_teaser,

First of all, thanks for the very useful disscussons and information here about immigration.

I have a question which is extremely important to my life:

I have done my PhD. in computer Science in Germany from November 2007 to december 2011. I have had a half-time work contract with the university from April 2008 to the end of my studies. 10 months out of this whole period due to maternity leave I received no salary and 2 months out of that 10 month I even officially had no work contract (the other 8 months out of the 10 months I kept the contract with zero salary).
By the way, in fact the last 6 month of 2011 my work contract changed from half time to 3/4 time.

Then since the beginning of 2012 (after finishing my PhD.),  I have been working full time in germany.

Based on this background, when do you think I may be able to apply for a permanent residence permit?
I did not apply for a BlueCard last January when I had to renew my residence permit, because I had the impression that the years that I have been studying/working in germany will be lost then and I would need to wait another 2 or 3 years (which one is the case for Bluecard, perhaps 33 months?). Is this true at all?

If I apply for a BlueCard now, Will that make me able to apply for a permanent residence permit immediately too? What makes my way shorter to get a permanent residence permit?

I will really appreciate to get reliable information from anyone with knowledge/experience about this.

By the way, if you think there is any possibility to get a german passport in near future for me, please let me know. 

regards,
Sara

0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/06/13 18:10 en respuesta a Sara.
Hallo Sara,

Greetings,
First for getting Blue card, you must have a German or German-recognised Professional degree.
In your case you have it as you have done Phd. in Germany.

To get PR from Blue card, there are 2 possibilities:
1. 21 months of German.pension contribution with salary mentioned in blue card rule (+) B1-Certificate.
(OR)
2. 33 months of German.pension contribution with salary mentioned in blue card rule.

The rule for getting PR through Blue-Card for Old resident-permit holders are as follows:
1. If you have B1-Certificate, sum up your 21 months salary from the table below:
Year            Minimum salary                           Minimum Salary for Shortage Professions

2012            €.44.800 (Yearly)                         €.34.944(Yearly)
                   €.3.734 (Monthly)                        €.2912 (Monthly)

2011           €. 44.000 (yearly)                         €. 34.320
                   €.3.667 (Monthly)                        €.2860

2010           €. 44.000 (yearly)                         €. 34.320
                   €.3.667 (Monthly)                        €.2.860

2009           €.43.200  (Yearly)                         €.33.696 (Yearly)
                  €.3.600(Monthly)                          €.2.808 (Monthly)

As you are computer profession which comes under "Shortage Profession" take the salary from the second coloum.
your 21 months from last May would be:    01.09.2011 till 31.05.2013

Your last 4 months salary in  2011 should be greaterthan or equal to (4 x 2860)
Your 12 months salary in 2012 should be greater than €.34.320                    
Your 5 months salary in 2013 should be greater than (5 x 2912) (As we have no ref for 2013 we take 2012's salary).

Sum up all the 21 months salary which should be greaterthan (4x2860) + (34.320) + (5 x 2912)
Then you will get your Niederlassungerlaubnis through Bluecard (§19aAbsatz.6)

Simillarly calculate for 33months if you dont have a B1-Certificate.

Hope this clarifies your query.
About German passport other members should comment, I have no Idea.
+2 (2 Votos)

Respuesta
27/06/13 11:17 en respuesta a Brain Teaser.
Hi brain_teaser,

Thank you very much. Your reply was really helpful. I am going to check if I have all of these conditions to start the process.

bests,
Sara
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/06/13 16:56 en respuesta a Brain Teaser.
Hi brain_treaser,

I got two more questions:

- If few months at the beginning of of these 21 months go back to when I have been still studying (when I still had residence permit paragraph 16 (not 18)), will that be a problem, even if the sum of the salary in the whole 21 months fulfills the BlueCard requirement? I mean does it matter what kind of residence permit (study or work) the person has been holding during that 21 months (does it have to be paragraph 18?)? 

- Do I also need to take integration course (orientation course), even if I can prove that I have the German language rquirement? and in general how should I prove my German knowledge to them, is any special kind of tests required or the certificates from the courses that I took would be enough?

I will really appreciate if you answer these questions too.

best regards,
Sara
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/07/13 10:44 en respuesta a Brain Teaser.
Hi Brain_teaer,
Hi everyone,

Sorry for asking too many questions. I need to know about these questions:

- How should I prove my German knowledge to the Rathaus to include in my BlueCard application (what kind of exam/certificate shall I take and also does 'integration' mean another exam rather than German language)?

- My husband has also had German residence permit for the years that I have but has not been working in Germany (except 2008 and 2009 when he has been working in Germany the rest of the time his residence has been dependent on me). If I get BlueCard and permanent residence now, when can he apply for the permanent residence? How about my little son?

- If I fullfill the 21 months requirement, but during the first 3 months of that I had a &16 residence permit (I was a PhD. student with half time work contract with the university), is it still enough to apply for BlueCard?

It would be a great help if someone can answer any of these questions.

bests,
Sara
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/07/13 11:49 en respuesta a Sara.
Hello Everybody,

I am working in Germany since from last 3 years on Work Permit and was working for an Indian IT company on deputation and was not part German social security sytem but paid Income Tax for all 3 years and now I am working for German Company and applying Blue Card.

My question is what will happen for my last 3 years and also whether I am elgible for NE with Blue card option as per 33 months process.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/07/13 14:44 en respuesta a Sara.
Hallo Sara,
Sorry for the late replay.

1.How should I prove my German knowledge?

To prove your German Skills you need B1-Certificate, you can persue this through Volkshochschule or Inlingua Institute. Approach your near by Volkshochschule and ask them about B1-Prüfung.
Its is better to write also the Orientation Exam or (Einbürgerungstest will be more better in case you need German Passport) also ask Volkshochschule about this Exams (FYI this will be very easy exams for you )

2. About your Husband, he needs also to statisfy the same condition as you to get PR. There is no quota consideration like in the case of Citizenship persual through spouse. About your son you need to ask the citizen officer, I know a rule on birth if any one of the parent holds PR then the new born will also be granted PR automatically. But after birth I don't have any Idea.

3. Your 3rd question need 2 conditions to be satisfied:
    a. With 21 months "YOU NEED B1-CERTIFICATE" if not wait for 33 months.
    b. Its written that only the residence permit  "§18 Absatz 4" Aufenth.G in connection with "§27 Beschäftigungsverordnung" will be considered for calculating the 21 or 33 months to presue PR via Blue-Card.

Please contact your Forgien Officer have these above points in mind, I would like to also add one more point about "§ 18b Niederlassungserlaubnis für Absolventen deutscher Hochschulen" PR for those who studied in Germany but again this is also for those who hold Residence Permit under: §18. Its just a tip.

The Forgien Officer can tell more or decide more on your case. Check my posts to know more links on Orientation course.

Cheers
BT
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/07/13 16:09 en respuesta a Brain Teaser.
Hello again,

Thanks a lot for the very helpful information. 

Another thing that I am wondering about, is if the numbers that you gave about the salary requirement include also the Weihnachtsgeld (and maybe urlabsgeld)? or the sum of the salary in the salary statements of a year must be somthing higher than the numbers you mentioned because normally they include these kind of additional amounts?
I am asking this because I heard today that the requirements for the salary say also something about with and without  Weihnachtsgeld/urlabsgeld.

Bests,
Sara

0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/07/13 8:43 en respuesta a Sara.
For BC

The salary requirement as per ARbeit agentur is Yearly 36192 euro Basic only. (It should not include any urlaubsgeld or weinachtsgeld or any special addl payment)

So Please be aware and then proceed. Some people say it is below this amount, certainly not. 
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
4/07/13 23:22 en respuesta a moon mal.
http://www.bamf.de/EN/Infothek/FragenAntworten/BlaueKarteEU/_function/faq-table.html?nn=3064818

Here is the most clear thing that I found:

Do bonuses such as Christmas bonuses count towards the minimum gross annual salary?

Some bonuses are credited towards the gross salary. This is in particular the case if they are specified in a minimum amount in the employment contract, in other words if their payment is guaranteed and not subject to conditions. Benefits of the employer that are listed in the social insurance compensation regulations (
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bundesrecht/svev/gesamt.pdf) as allocatable payments, such as free lodging or reduced commuting fares, can also be included in the calculation of the gross salary. The decision as to which benefits can be credited in individual cases and the amount in which they are included lies with the competent foreigners authority.
+1 (1 Voto)

Respuesta
5/08/13 22:03 en respuesta a Brain Teaser.

Hi Brain-teaser,
Hi all,

Based on http://www.bluecard-eu.de/eu-blue-card-germany/, the minimum gross salary to get EU Blue Card is 46,400 Euro per year.

My question is as follows. Assume that someone has been working since few years ago in Germany. Now if he or she wants to appliy for Blue Card in the middle of the year and let's say end of June for example, then how do they know how much the gross salary by the end of the year will be?

Do they look at the sum of the gross salary from the beginning of the same year until end of June and divide it by 6 (number of months from January to June) and multiply it by 12 (to translate it to the gross salary of the whole year)? 
If so, the Weinachtsgeld will be missing then.

Or do they have a way to ask the arbeitsgeber about the gross salary of the whole year?

Or may they look at the last one year salary, no matter if part of it goes back to 2012? 

Please leave comments if you have any information about this.
Thanks,
Sara
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3