Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Spouse Visa Process

Answer
5/29/13 6:58 AM as a reply to Arun M.
Hi Arun,

The only thing we need to do is remain patience. But you have waited a lot i believe. Now the best thing is ask ABH about ur wife visa status. But take a german guy (preferably your company employee) with you, so that their response will be good rather going alone.

Get to know the status from their mouth. If they said, the process got over and sent, then check with your indian german consulate after 2 days. If not, ask them what they need more. Try to show that you are eagerly waiting for long days.

All the best and wish you soon you should get your visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/29/13 11:31 AM as a reply to Arun M.
Hi Arun,

I know you are doing all the necessary steps. However if I may suggest, try to drop an e-mail asking  about the status of visal to ABH as well as embassy. It's better if you can somehow retrieve the id of the visa officer.

When you have the response from any side forward the same to other and ask to verify.

My case - I got e-mail confirmation from ABH upon asking the status and I forwarded the same along with some necessary points. The embassy reverted within a day to submit the itinerary and passport.

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/29/13 2:54 PM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Hi Moonmal & Hope,

I will be doing as suggested by you. Today, i called up the Consul in Bangalore & was firm in my call. Initially, i was told the regular version that it is under process and we are waiting to hear the status from the German office. 

After informing them that my wife has inquired the same in Germany and they are awaiting Indian embassy revert. Post that i requested to speak to the officer in charge of my application. Was informed that the officer does not speaks to the applications. Fair enuf, then i requested her if i could speak to a some senior person. She transferred my call and another lady asked me about my query. 

She also gave the same version and after hearing her out, I told her my side. He then suggested that she will put in word of my case of the Visa officer here in bangalore and requested me to wait for some more days. If i dont hear from her, then she asked me to ask my wife to request for the status from the German office. I will be waiting for couple of days before i check with them again. 

There seems to be a communication gap in the German and Indian offices. My wife is planning to a friend of her's to talk to the officials, both in Germany and India cosul. 

Thanks for all your suggestions, really appreciate it. 

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/29/13 5:38 PM as a reply to Arun M.
arun.m:
Hi Moonmal & Hope,

I will be doing as suggested by you. Today, i called up the Consul in Bangalore & was firm in my call. Initially, i was told the regular version that it is under process and we are waiting to hear the status from the German office. 

After informing them that my wife has inquired the same in Germany and they are awaiting Indian embassy revert. Post that i requested to speak to the officer in charge of my application. Was informed that the officer does not speaks to the applications. Fair enuf, then i requested her if i could speak to a some senior person. She transferred my call and another lady asked me about my query. 

She also gave the same version and after hearing her out, I told her my side. He then suggested that she will put in word of my case of the Visa officer here in bangalore and requested me to wait for some more days. If i dont hear from her, then she asked me to ask my wife to request for the status from the German office. I will be waiting for couple of days before i check with them again. 

There seems to be a communication gap in the German and Indian offices. My wife is planning to a friend of her's to talk to the officials, both in Germany and India cosul. 

Thanks for all your suggestions, really appreciate it. 

Regards

Hi arun, 

this is exactly the same status that i went through. German office said they were waiting for Indian office to revert and Indian office said it was in process. 

We were also in the same mental condition what you are going through. Considering and agreeing to what hope2shine says, I too suggest to retrieve the email id of the person in charge in the German office. Indian office never will give any information other than saying it is in process. In our case, we straight forward asked the officer in charge in German office to give their email id and she readily gave it. We then called Mumbai office and after lot of efforts told them to contact the concerned officer on that email id. They took it. 

After 2 days, i got an approval. Till now, I don't understand how it happened in 2 days, when according to one lady in Mumbai office, my verification report had not even gone to Germany!!! There is for sure a lack in communication and transperancy. And I am so sad to know that such a reputed organisation lacks responsibility and transperancy.

As I always suggest, please make a rigorous follow up.

Mairali
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/30/13 5:49 AM as a reply to Mairali Dholakia.
Hi Mairali,

The Bangalore consul keeps informing me that thy are waiting for the German office to revert. What is surprising is that the bangalore consul cnt even tell if the verification for my application has been completed or not. 

If the verification is pending, nothing would have been sent to the German office. Then, what revert is the bangalore office waiting for? They are just ensuring that the applicants keep going around in circles, when they themselves dont know anything. Their ignorance and vague communication just keeps adding to the applicant's woes. I am personallly visiting the bangalore consul today. Will keep the forum posted. 

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/30/13 4:26 PM as a reply to Arun M.
arun.m:
Hi Mairali,

The Bangalore consul keeps informing me that thy are waiting for the German office to revert. What is surprising is that the bangalore consul cnt even tell if the verification for my application has been completed or not. 

If the verification is pending, nothing would have been sent to the German office. Then, what revert is the bangalore office waiting for? They are just ensuring that the applicants keep going around in circles, when they themselves dont know anything. Their ignorance and vague communication just keeps adding to the applicant's woes. I am personallly visiting the bangalore consul today. Will keep the forum posted. 

Regards
Exactly arun!

I am unaware of the administration system in Bangalore. However in Mumbai this is they system. 

There are in all 4 parties involved.

1. Visa Section- This is the place where one has to submit the visa application. As explained by an officer in ABH in Germany, Visa section directly communicates with ABH in Germany. It is the authority to grant the final visa.

2. Consulate General- This is the place in Mumbai which is responsible for carrying out the verification of documents. So once the applicant submits the documents, if the Visa Section and ABH think that verification is required then they assign such task to the Consulate General office. Consulate General in turn asks for verification fees from the applicant and carries out the verification through an external agency. After verification, consulate general office sends the report to the visa section and visa section sends the report to the ABH. After verification is over, the role of Consulate General office gets over. 

3.Verification agency- This is an external agency that carries out the verification and sends the report to the consulate general. It has nothing to do with the visa section.

4. ABH- ABH is the office in Germany, which communicates only with Visa section.

Surprisingly in my case, 2 days before I received a call for approval, the Visa section said it is still in process. The consulate general office said the verification report has not yet been sent to the Visa Section. It shall be sent in this week. Now if the verification report had not been sent to the Visa Section, then how come the report reached the ABH through the Visa Section and that too within 2 days and came back too with the approval on ABH.???!!! AND, further, I received an approval on Wednesday, which is a holiday in ABH in Germany for our city. On tuesday when we called, they said report will be sent tomorrow!

I am still baffled and unable to understand what exactly happened!

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/31/13 6:01 AM as a reply to Mairali Dholakia.
Hi Mairali, 

WoW!! hats off to you for having and sharing all those details. Frankly, i dont have any idea of all these offices are invlolved, let alone know what each office is supposed to do!!!!

Being a normal person, wht i cn gather from all this info is that since so many agenices are involved and all are standalone, its no wonder that the is a total breakdown in the communcation. As an applicant, its frustrating.  I have no idea of what or how the Bangalore consul works, but my visit to them yesterday was totally futile.  I have elaborated the same on another thread. 

All i am gonna do now is patiently wait and keep following up with them (got an email id where i can write to and check my application status). Not sure when any result is gonna come. 

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/31/13 9:08 AM as a reply to Arun M.
Hi arun, 

I would suggest to make best use of that email id. In my opinion, you should ask your wife to give it to the concerned officer in ABH, and request them to write an email on that id. Probably that could accelerate. But yes, it would be really difficult convincing the concerned officer in Germany, so ask your wife to be very tactful. 

Mairali
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/13 7:17 AM as a reply to Mairali Dholakia.
Hi Mirali,

I have sent a mail to the email that i got from the Bangalore Consul, on thursday (30th May,13). Still awaiting the reply from their end, though not too optimistic about it. Have shared the same with my wife in Germany, the officer in charge was on leave till 31st May,13. 

My wife will be telling the officer the email id and requesting her to write to the Bangalore Consul. Lets see what turns up. Though my experience with the whole process has been pathetic and really frustrating.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/3/13 12:38 PM as a reply to Arun M.
Hi Mirali,

As you have stated 4 stages, Once the application is sent to ABH and then only step 2 and 3 are done or visa section in India decides if verification (step 2 and 3) is needed.

Because, I was checking with a person who already went thro family reunion visa and he mentioned, visa section in india has to send the files to ABH asap to start the process. 4 weeks for them to send the document is a long time. Any idea about it ?

Thanks
Mani.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/13 1:39 PM as a reply to Arun M.
arun.m:
Hi Mirali,

I have sent a mail to the email that i got from the Bangalore Consul, on thursday (30th May,13). Still awaiting the reply from their end, though not too optimistic about it. Have shared the same with my wife in Germany, the officer in charge was on leave till 31st May,13. 

My wife will be telling the officer the email id and requesting her to write to the Bangalore Consul. Lets see what turns up. Though my experience with the whole process has been pathetic and really frustrating.

Regards

Hi arun,

Yes, wait till one week from the date of last communication, i.e. till thursday

Mairali
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/13 1:40 PM as a reply to Mani.
mani95348:
Hi Mirali,

As you have stated 4 stages, Once the application is sent to ABH and then only step 2 and 3 are done or visa section in India decides if verification (step 2 and 3) is needed.

Because, I was checking with a person who already went thro family reunion visa and he mentioned, visa section in india has to send the files to ABH asap to start the process. 4 weeks for them to send the document is a long time. Any idea about it ?

Thanks
Mani.
Hi Mani

ABH decides if verification is needed or not. Generally documents are sent to ABH in a day or two after the date of interview.

Mairali
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/13 2:56 PM as a reply to Mairali Dholakia.
Not sure what you mean by interview.
My wife applied from Bangalore consulate and all the documents and passport has been submitted to them during our visit to consulate (wife and 2 kids).

Never they mentioned anything about interview. So little bit confused with Bangalore consulate working compared to Mumbai/chennai.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/13 2:57 PM as a reply to Mani.
Applied on May 10th, Bangalore.
Only two days back Bangalore consulate informed, we have sent the application to ABH. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/13 6:00 PM as a reply to Mani.
checked with KVR.

yesterday - June 3rd they have recevied the application.

One month to send the application from Bangalore to German ??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/5/13 2:57 PM as a reply to Mani.
Hi Mani95348,

We have also applied in Bangalore consultae on 23rd May. When did they gave you back the passport?
Thanks for your updates. Please keep updating so that others can have an idea what to expect in what timeframe.
Because as you mentioned it took 1 month to send application from bangalore to germany!!!!

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/5/13 3:49 PM as a reply to Parkin edger.
They didnt give the passport yet. 
As i mentioned it took 1 month for the application to shift from Bangalore to Germany.

Here they will check the paper and inform via email or post if any thing is required.
So planning to visit KVR after a week to know the status. 

In Bangalore consulate they take the passport and documents when you submit. So not sure if there will be a interview after that or what steps involved. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/6/13 2:35 PM as a reply to Mani.
Hi Parkin,

The Bangalore consul will keep all the required documents in original and the passport till they finalise the decision on the application. They might also call up and ask for additional documents too. 

An update on my case for the forum, no reply for the mail i sent on 30th May,13. To get thru on the call is next to impossible on their 2-4pm timeline, lucky are those who can. Wrote to the concerned person in Germany and got a revert from her that she is awaiting the verification details of my marriage certificate from India...... this is really interesting since the marriage certi was submitted with my original application on 18th Feb,2013. 

Will keep following up and writing mails, let see when do i get lucky to hear from them. 

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/6/13 3:10 PM as a reply to Arun M.
Hi Arun,

Most probably you have already done it. But then to, just thought of sharing.

If I understood correctly, u have now got a reply from ABH, please forward this e-mail to banglare embassy quoting your points..like reference to earlier e-mail as well as the time frame. (e.g In my earlier e-mails dated 31.05.13 , 20.05.13..applied on 18.02.13..all documents submitted on ..xy date and so on.). Make it short but quantify and yes generate chain mails for follow up. mark it to the visa officer id as well as the general info id.

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/7/13 6:06 AM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Hi Hope,

Thanks for your inputs and suggestions. As soon as i got the mail from ABH, I forwarded the same to the Bangalore Consul office. Also, specifically mentioned the fact tht ABH is still awaiting the verficiation report of my marriage certi which was submitted on 18th Feb,13. 

Highlighted the dates and from whom the communication is. The frustrating part is that though Germany officer will reply to the mail, Bangalore Consul seems to totally ignore any communication from the applicants. They dont seem to have any protocol to monitor the applications which have exceeded a certain time limit. They should atleast inform me where my application is, if there is any issue wih the documents or if they require any additional documents from my end. I am in the dark as to where my documents are or if they have even moved from the Bangalore Consul office at all.

Another fear that i have now is that the Bangalore Consul doesnt provides a receipt of the original documents that they have kept. Since, they have had my marriage certi, grad n post grad certi for quite sometime, i fear if they have actually managed to loose them!! 

Not sure when i will see the end of this, but still following up and will keep the forum updated.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18