Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Original Education Certificates Missing!!

Alternar
Original Education Certificates Missing!!
employment visa
Respuesta
21/02/13 17:22
Hey guys,

Will be really grateful if you can answer my query here at the earliest. I have a visa appointment next week for employment visa. I just found out that I have lost my 10th and 12th class certificates along with my undergraduate degree from IIT Delhi!! I want to know what I can do here in this case as getting originals made will take long time -

1. For 10th and 12th certificates, can I get them notary attested and present in the visa interview?

2. For IIT Delhi certificate, I have my original marksheet along with an original letter from authorities stating that I did my undergraduation here. I am hoping this much should do

3. For my MBA, I have the originals 

Thanks in advance,
Rohan
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 18:05 en respuesta a Rohan Garg.
@ Rohan dear, it is quite sad to know that you came to know about all this just before a week. although sounds very strange that you lost such a crucil set of documents when you needed them most.
anyways, now what to do.........?

There can be few considerable options you may opt like......

1. Getting a FIR copy from the police station stating your complaint about the lost of documents, make sure you get the police station stamp and the signature on the receiving copy.

2. Getting the photocopies attested now would invite further questions that how can you get them attested without the originals so better to be fair by just taking the photocopies.

3. For more supporting document you can take along the application copy/request letter which you will write for requesting the duplicate copy of your originals from various institutes where your studied in and yaa again not to forget about getting this receiving copy stamped and signed from the concerned authority.

4. If possible try to get an affidavit attached along with all the photocopies stating that the photocopies are the true copies of the originals which you have lost and yaa once again make sure these affidavits are notary or sdm attested.

well, these are some of the things i feel would help you to support your present unfortunate status.

good luck
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/02/13 20:07 en respuesta a Rohan Garg.
Dont worry, submit your photocopy. They never ask for original certificates 99%.  So be cool. Try to get the certificate original before you go to germany.

Coollllllllllllll
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
22/02/13 3:37 en respuesta a Rohan Garg.
@Rohan

1) There is no need to worry. I hope you have the photocopies of 10th and 12th certificates.If you are a first time traveller outside India they may look at the originals. When they ask for the originals in your interview, you can tell them you have misplaced it.

2) IITD certificates will do.

3) Looking at your qualifications, you must be having a job offer from a reputed company, which also helps in the job application.

In the interview, speak slowly, clearly and confidently, making eye contact with them. You will sail through the interview.

To which city in Germany are going to? Where are you applying for your visa?

Good luck with your visa.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/02/13 7:37 en respuesta a Wim Hannover.
Hey everyone,

Thanks a lot for your prompt replies. As luck would have it, I managed to find my documents somehow!! Did not go for a visa interview last week. Will be taking it for this week now.

@Rambo - It was a really bad feeling that I had lost the documents!!

@Moonma and Cebit - Thanks for your help. I wrote an email to embassy and they told me 10th and 12th certificates are not required at all. I am going to work for a large media group in Berlin as the head of product management. Going to apply at Delhi embassy. Can you guys help me out with some pointers on questions asked during the visa interview?

Thanks all,
Rohan
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/02/13 9:01 en respuesta a Rohan Garg.
Hi, Nice to hear from you.

The questions are generally, about your present work and your future employee. 

mostly they will be asking about how did you get this offer? How did you know this opening availability? What is the notice period to leave the present organisation. 

Nothing more serious. But please note your conversation will be recorded.

All the best
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/02/13 15:53 en respuesta a Rohan Garg.
@rohangarg

They will ask very general questions regarding the company, employment contract, experience or qualifications. May be why you chose Germany? very general questions  need not worry about
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/02/13 17:01 en respuesta a Wim Hannover.
@moonmal and @cebit, thanks guys for your responses. One more thing - Question 17 on the residence form asks - "Do you intend to maintain your permanent residence outside Germany? If yes, where?" - What should be the answer to this questions?

Also, in general, what are the chances of visa acceptance given that all documents are in place and I am going to work for a well known organization in a senior leadership role. Basically, I need to find out if I should have a backup job in India in case the visa doesn't work out? emoticon

Thanks a ton
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/02/13 16:01 en respuesta a Rohan Garg.
@rohangarg

I wrote 'Yes in India'., I think untill you get your permanent resident permit, you cannot mention Germany. The only other country, you can mention is India.

I would advice you not to resign till you get your visa. You will read in this forum that for some people its almost 5 months and no decision yet for reasons like educational qualification verification. It may  not apply in your case. It will take about 3-4 weeks for them to decide on your application.

Good luck with your visa.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/02/13 18:46 en respuesta a Wim Hannover.
@Cebit, thanks so much for the information.

I have already resigned and early next month is my final day in office. So too late to take that call emoticon. I will try and have something in place here. But hopefully it will work out as I am quite excited. Let's see.

Thanks for all your help. Will update on how the visa interview went.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott