Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: How long will visa documents verification take??

Hi,
 I have applied for Family reunion spouse visa on Feb 8th, 2013. My interview is scheduled on March 5th at chennai.. I have a few questions..please help !

1. When will the visa verification of my documents start? has it started once i submitted my appln or will it start after interview only?? If so, will i notified by mail?

2. Should my husband ( who works in Germany since Jan 2013) be present for verfication of my documents when it reaches German embassy?

3. I read in forums that there will be 20,000 INR fee for verification? is it true?

4. How long will the entire verification process take..? 

(I have already submitted my marriage certificate and A1 copies in the appln documetns itself)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/13/13 12:24 PM as a reply to Preethi Mano.
1. Your visa application will start getting processed on the day your fingerprints have been provided (5th March). Only then, your online application will be available to process in Germany.  no notification. You will get visa fee receipt.

2. no

3. I am not sure of the amount but they do charge a fee. I am supposing you have not been asked yet.

4. You must enquire whether the marriage certificate will be verfied and when you will be notified abt verification. It will take 6-8 weeks from the day you pay the verification fee.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/13/13 12:54 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
@cebit : Thank you so much for the reply. 

1. I have already got my visa fee receipt when i submiited my appln n documents. Still verfication is after fingerprints only?

3. Yes i have not been asked for any fee other than visa fees.

5. Can I ask the German Consul to speedup the process as i intend to leave on Germany? WIll it afftect my chances of visa approval/rejection? Also Should i ask him/her if they need any certific for verification or will they ask themselves?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/13/13 1:26 PM as a reply to Preethi Mano.
1. Your visa process starts when u attend for the interview in chennai. If you have submitted your papers to VFS on FEb 8th, it doesnt mean that you applied fo the visa. VFS only verifies the documents and submit them to embassy. Your time of processing counts from March 5th, when you actually attend for interview.
3. verification of marriage is done in only some cases not in all the cases. So dont put the idea in their mind by asking youself about the verification fee.
5. No you cannot ask the embassy to speedup the process, as every applicant want to come to germany ASAP. So just be calm and count 6 weeks from march 5th. Plus 12 weeks if asked for verification.

Please use the search tool and you will find that this topic is already discussed and answered.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/15/13 9:51 PM as a reply to coolguy munich.
Yes there were mixed replies in the forum. As said, varies in each case. I read in few posts that the process of getting visa speeds up if we call ABH / chennai consulate ( embassy?) Is it true? If so, should I call after the interview or before that? Its been a week since I submitted my application. I still havent got any mail/notification asking for marriage verification !! 

Also, what all documents mayb asked in the interview? Share your experiences pls. I have applied from Chennai consulate. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/19/13 7:29 AM as a reply to Preethi Mano.
Guys, you really need to keep a lot of patience for this category of visa, atleast in some cases. ask me it's been more than 3 months now but still the ABH in germany says the verification report is not ready from the embassy in delhi and god knows when would i get the visa.....why there is so much delay when i already had the investigation officer visited me in the november end but still..........

anyone outthere who has an input here. my spouse is a german national.

thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/19/13 7:56 AM as a reply to rambo three.
@rambo,

I have deposited my documents for verification on 29nov2012 and i got result on 29jan2013. But the verification procedure is of 2-3months. In certain cases, depending on the case, the verification time can be extended.

I will advice you to call the embassy directly, or if you have recieved any particular mail id of any Consul officer, so you can write them. It will be helpful.

( visaservice@newd.diplo.de )

Once the verification is compeleted, so they will directly send the result to German Council, and they will not share the result with you. :-/

Thanks.
Minnie
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/28/13 8:02 PM as a reply to monika gerngross.
@All :: Thanks so much for the reply !! But luckily.. I dint hav my marriage verification at all !! emoticon)))) I got my VISA APPROVED in exactly 3 weeks from the date of interview !! And I'm now flying to germany with my husband together !!!! emoticon)) Yayyyyyyy !!! 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/13 8:33 PM as a reply to Preethi Mano.
Hey preetu can u please tell when did u recieved the approval call? Timings?did abh contacted your husband??
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
3/29/13 10:52 PM as a reply to hinu.
Hi hiz..
 I got the call at 12:38PM IST  exactly three days from the date of interview. My husband checked in at abh in four days after my interview n my documents had reached there. They asked to come last week of  march for further info. And he went in last week of march, where they said no more work for him and that i will get a letter next. And I got the call the very next day !

Good luck to you too..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/31/13 9:02 AM as a reply to Preethi Mano.
Hey my husband got a letter from abh asking for few documents on 18 th febuary 2013. N till now no response from them. Lwill they call
My
Husband for the interview or will they issue the visa straight away.plz help if any of u have any idea in this regard.thx
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/2/13 10:05 AM as a reply to hinu.
hi hiz, 

Even in my wife case also, they called me to ABH to see all original documents. I shown to them but still thy dont show any response.

Let me know any updates from you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/2/13 10:13 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Hey have you enquired abt the status from
Abh? My husband was not called personally instead he submitted all the doc by post bt since then there is no replyemoticon .
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/2/13 10:20 AM as a reply to hinu.
Not yet. Since the last 4 days is holiday. I may ask today evening. can u give your gmail id?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/2/13 10:24 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Ok do update me with any status u get.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/2/13 10:42 AM as a reply to hinu.
In which city your husband live?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/2/13 10:46 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Does city matters?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/2/13 10:48 AM as a reply to hinu.
Yes. and Also From which consulate in india you applied? 

Thats y to discuss such things, i m asking your email id
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/2/13 11:07 AM as a reply to moon mal.
He lives in hamburg n I have applied from pakistan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/13 7:18 AM as a reply to hinu.
ABH said, they sent letter to my consulate. So decision i need to ask my consulate. Dont know what would be? and How abt ur status?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/13 8:18 AM as a reply to moon mal.
So
U mean to say abh has sent the approval for ur wife's visa?. My husband called abh they told
Him
To have patience.n when I called at the consulate they
Told me
No clearance recieved from
Abh.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/13 8:43 AM as a reply to hinu.
ABH said they sent letter to the consulate. When i asked whether it is approved or not? they said, they cant tell that to me directly.

I am really worried, what will be the result? Waiting with cross fingers.

Do you have any idea....?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/13 9:00 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Ur verification is done? Sorry I have
No ideaemoticon in which city do u live?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/13 9:10 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Is the final approval in the hand of consulate qe are applying from?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/13 9:14 AM as a reply to hinu.
My wife got a call from consulate, saying her visa is approved. and she was told to submit passport and itenary.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/13 9:20 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Wow congratulations.u were exempted from
Verification?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/13 9:23 AM as a reply to hinu.
Yessss..... but ABH saw our original marriage certificate here in germany. and also the consulate in india also said all the documents are ok.  This may be the reason. And also My wife passport has an entry of my name.

But in your case, ur from pakistan and ur husband is a german. So i dont know what is in ur situation needed.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/13 9:26 AM as a reply to moon mal.
May b coz I m
Applying from
Different country therefore
My processs is a bit change. Neways thx
For replying n
Wish u all the best.i even
Had my husbands name in my passport n consulate said my doc r
Ok abh even saw our doc bt still I had to go thru verification btmnow
Its pver report has been sent to abh.now v r waoting for their reply its been a month
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/13 9:26 AM as a reply to moon mal.
So u r not a
German citizen?..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/13 9:27 AM as a reply to hinu.
sure not.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/13 9:29 AM as a reply to moon mal.
N still ur wife got her visa approval so fast dats fortune dearemoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7