Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Employment in Czech Republic firm but residence in Germany(Non EU)

Toggle
Hello everyone,

I am an Indian and have finished my Masters in Germany and currently on a job search visa in Germany.
There is a company in Czech who is willing to employ me but the problem is that, I need to stay in Germany for the business development of Germany of that company.
So the employer will be a Czech entity but they want me to stay in Germany and develop their business here in Germany.
So my question :
Which work permit do I need? (Czech or Germany)
Is it possible to have a Czech work permit but live in Germany?

I am looking forward to the answer. Any input will be sincerely appreciated.

Cheers!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/13/12 11:24 PM as a reply to maddy Thombare.
I think u will be getting salary from the German branch on that Czech company... which means u vl b paying tax for the german govt... in this case u don't need Czech work permit.

But I am not sure abt this... Its better to ask the HR....

happy diwali!!!
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
11/14/12 2:54 PM as a reply to maddy Thombare.
Hi,

From my personal experience, it looks like an Indian company with an offshore centre in Czech Republic is trying to hire her to work in Germany. I have seen this being tried before where they hire someone on the Czech payroll and try to use the EU rules to allow the employees to work across Europe. The visa is a Czech work permit and salary/tax etc is all paid in Czech. 

Legally this is not allowed, however the companies say there are no border controls in EU, so you can go anywhere.

Best not to try this and ask them specifically for a German work permit. You are not allowed to live/work in Germany on a Czech work permit. You can only travel to Germany for a maximum of 90 days in a 6-month period.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
11/14/12 3:12 PM as a reply to Hash Patel.
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.
I am staying in Germany and have finished my Masters here. The company is a Czech company and they want me to develop their business here in Germany so there is no question of Indian company as you said in your reply. They have no branch here in Germany and dont wish to do so too!!!My contract will be of the Czech company. So again my question is:
Which work permit do I need? (Czech or German?)
If German, then can I also have the residency in Germany?
If Czech, can I be eligible to have a residency in Germany?

Hope you understand my problem!! 
Cheers!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/15/12 11:17 AM as a reply to maddy Thombare.
Hi,

Even in that case, if you have to live in Germany, you need to have a German work permit. But without a German branch, you cannot apply for a German work permit. You need to have a German contract for a German work permit/blue card.

If you are working on a Czech contract, you can get a Czech work permit, but that will not allow you to live/work in Germany. 
+2 (2 Votes)

Answer
11/15/12 5:29 PM as a reply to Hash Patel.
Thank you for the information!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18