Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Re: b1 for citizenship

Toggle
b1 for citizenship
Answer
5/11/11 5:17 PM
Dear all,

If someone is new to German and he wants to clear B1 ,what is the quickest way of learning? Integration course is very slow and may not prepare you for B1. The target is to clear B1 by end of this year. Please advise.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/11/11 5:43 PM as a reply to rahul sharma.
Integration course is slow ?

We have here at our local Volkshochschule intensive integration courses which take 5 hours a day. I dont think that you want to take a German course which is faster than that. (What is your definition of fast ? a course which takes 10 hours a day ?)

My wife cleared B1 with an VHS 5 hours a day intensive course in 6 months without having any initial German knowledge. You may need smt similar in order to reach that level of language competency that fast.

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/11/11 6:05 PM as a reply to rahul sharma.
I personally also think that i-course can be slow. The reason for my statement is that the levels are organized in a way that there are 6 levels (100 hours each) and lets say level A2 and A3 really dont differ a lot.

Additionally, remember that the peer group in i-kurs is not neccesaarily qualified but for example housewifes from turkey, dependent wifes from china (only examples). This can decrease the speed of the whole group.

The best way is to join the course (either normal or integration course) and jump levels if you feel confident.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/12/11 3:11 AM as a reply to rahul sharma.
....housewifes from turkey, dependent wifes from china ....

what do you mean? which race/region you belong to?..... seem something very superior and ultra-fast!!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/12/11 2:32 PM as a reply to rahul sharma.
Dear Subir,

I am not commenting on race emoticon but rather only on the skills and learning speed. As I wrote, it is just an example.

Did you know that some VHS (like Munich) offer different speed i-courses based educational backgrounds ? And some dont - they just mix everyone together.

Logical ?

Supersid
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/12/11 2:33 PM as a reply to rahul sharma.
And yes I was atleast fast if not ultra-fast
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/12/11 6:44 PM as a reply to rahul sharma.
Just curious :-
are there any links where we can find sample B1 questions. Many of us who have gone through this test might have idea on this area.
Ofcourse each of us going through the B1 test must rpepare him/her, however sample questions really does help.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18