Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Re: German citizenship by birth

Toggle
German citizenship by birth
Answer
11/7/09 11:07 PM
Hi,
I have been in Germany since about 6 years and I got recently NE. My childern (2.5 y and 1.5 y)were born in Germany. I got to know that my childern can have the german citizenship after I stay 8 years and-or 3 years of having the NE.
Could you please, inform me about the documents needed for childern applications? Do they require that I have to have a job in order to give my childern the citizenship or this is independent? and How long does the application take before my childern have the citizenship?
Best regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/09 10:18 AM as a reply to Ahmed Khalil.
I think you got the rule wrong:

-> Children of the foreigners can automatically get the German citizenship AT THE TIME OF THE BIRTH if one of the parents already reside legally in Germany at least 8 years (but not as Student depending on the state)

OR

(
-> If the above criteria is not met at the time of the birth then the chance of automatic naturalization IS GONE for the child. Then the child needs to wait also at least 8 years for the naturalization like any other foreigner who starts to live in Germany.

or

-> You can fulfill the requirements (8 years of stay etc.) of naturalization after the birth of your children and you can NATURALIZE THEM TOGETHER WITH YOURSELF and your children do not need to wait the 8 years. But your children can not be naturalized on their own after their birth.
)

Hope that was clear enough..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/10 3:22 AM as a reply to Ahmed Khalil.
A child born in Germany, provided one of the parents have NE, gets German citizenship.

My questions:
What are the prospects of child getting German citizenship if child born in India:

1) Father has NE in Germany?
2) Father has German Citizenship?

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/10 2:06 PM as a reply to Ahmed Khalil.
A child born in Germany, provided one of the parents have NE, gets German citizenship.

I don't think that this statement is true. Anybody can confirm?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/10 2:12 PM as a reply to Ahmed Khalil.
the statement is true based upon:

http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/integration/question_on_child_born
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/10 2:33 PM as a reply to Ahmed Khalil.
Hi,
1) Father has NE in Germany?
Yes child can get it but from India better ask the Beamter here in Germany
2) Father has German Citizenship?
Yes if you send your copy of your German passport or identification Card than your wife can go directly to Embassy apply for Reisepass for the child.

BR
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/10 3:05 PM as a reply to Ahmed Khalil.
As said before a child born in germany is eleigible for german passport(citizenship) if

1. Either of the parent is a german.

2. If either of the parent is living in germany for more than 8 years and holding NE at the time of birth.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/10 4:49 PM as a reply to Ahmed Khalil.
what babashankar wrote is correct.
so the NE alone is not enough. if the NE is present, then the father or mother should have been living in germany for 8 years so that the child can get citizenship by birth. The NE alone is not enough. (Example: NE and parent living here since 6 years --> not enough for child's citizenship.
(PS. This is not a legal advise)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/30/10 2:07 AM as a reply to Ahmed Khalil.
Here is the summary:

Child born in Germany will get citizenship if:
1. Either of the parent is a German.
2. If either of the parent is living in Germany for more than 8 years and holding NE at the time of birth.

Child born in India can apply for NE in India if Either of the parent has NE.

Child born in India can apply for German passport right away in India if either of the parent is a German.

Please correct if some thing is not correct
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18