Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Student time not counted in HESSEN for Einbürgerung

Toggle
I studied in Germany from 2002 to 2005 in 2006 I took job search visa and left Germany. I came back to Germany in 2007 as a PhD student but only after one year I got a job and since then I am working, One of my friend told me that my previous time up to five years will be counted for Einbürgerung so after seven years I applied for Einbürgerung but this is what I got from RP Darmstadt,

*Die Zeiten Ihres Voraufenthaltes (2002-2006), als Sie nur im Besitz eines Aufenthaltsrechts zu Studienzwecken waren, konne leider fur das Einbürgerungsverfahren nicht berucksichtigt werden, da es sich dabei zwar um einen rechtmasssigen nicht aber um einen gewohnlichen Aufenthalt gehandelt hat(gewohnlicher Aufenthalt setzt vorause, dass nach ablauf des Aufenthaltszweckes Studium das Bundesgebiet nicht verlassen wird und eine auf Dauer ausgerichtete Aufenthaltsgenehmigung erteilt wird). Uber eine solche auf Dauer ausgerichtete Aufenthaltsgenehmigung verfugen Sie aber erst seit August 2008.*

Should I go for a lawyer, and try to argue that my last VISA before leaving Germany was not a student VISA rather a job search VISA.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/15/11 10:42 PM as a reply to Ans Sargana.
i dont think a lawyer is going to help. The only problem is you left germany without probable reasons and it became a break in your aufenthalts in germany. So your clock has been set to zero. tough luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/15/11 11:01 PM as a reply to Ans Sargana.
§ 12b ...
(2) Hat der Ausländer sich aus einem seiner Natur nach nicht vorübergehenden Grund länger
als sechs Monate im Ausland aufgehalten, kann die frühere Aufenthaltszeit im Inland bis zu
fünf Jahren auf die für die Einbürgerung erforderliche Aufenthaltsdauer angerechnet werden.

Then I don't understand this in StAG..

He is not saying that I broke some kind of continuity but he is saying that as after studies I did not do any job and went back so student time was not a habitual residence. This is his own definition and he did not give any reference to any law, so I think Lawyer will be helpful...clock can't be set to zero according to above reference.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/16/11 11:35 AM as a reply to Ans Sargana.
Whether they count the student times and whether they count the previous times of your stay is at their discretion. In other words they are allowed to decide per law on their own in such situations.
They have to base their decision on solid arguments of course.

kann die frühere Aufenthaltszeit im Inland bis zu
fünf Jahren auf die für die Einbürgerung erforderliche Aufenthaltsdauer angerechnet werden.

As you see, it is a "kann" Sentence. (May-Sentence)
So the discretion of the deciding authority needed.
I dont think that suing them will be helpful as you dont have any 'Rechtsanspruch' in this case. You can however always try, if you have the money, the patience and the nerves.

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/16/11 11:34 PM as a reply to Ans Sargana.
If it was his discretion then I think there is no need to have a conversation with him at the cost of 64 Euros, Because he woun't change his decision.

Is this continuous stay also required to apply for Daueraufenthalt-EG?

It means the half of the student time will also not contribute to Daueraufenthalt-EG?

Schade für mich emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18