Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Validity of Niederlassung on leaving Germany

Toggle
How long would my Niederlassungs-Erlaubnis be valid after I leave Germany and go back to my country? Does it expire immediately if I deregister myself from Germany ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/08 3:14 AM as a reply to Bhaskar Banerjee.
Yes it expires immediately if you unregister. Because when you unregister you will be asked to give the address to which you intend to move. If that address is out of Germany, then you are apparently shifting your permanent residence to another country which makes your German residence permit per law (AufenthG §51 (6)) automatically void on the day you leave the German soil after your unregistration.

http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/aufenthaltsg.html#51
"wenn der Ausländer aus einem seiner Natur nach nicht vorübergehenden Grunde ausreist"

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/08 12:01 PM as a reply to Bhaskar Banerjee.
Hi Lacrima,
Thank you very much for the valuable information.

What i understood from the below sentence(took from the link you provided) is that the NE will be expired if a foreigner doesn't returns within 6 months or the stipulated time(>6months??) agreed by the Ausländerbehörde. If he returns in time then it should be ok.
"wenn der Ausländer ausgereist und nicht innerhalb von sechs Monaten oder einer von der Ausländerbehörde bestimmten längeren Frist wieder eingereist ist"

How realistic is it and anyone out here had experience with "Ausländerbehörde bestimmten längeren Frist" scenario which is more than 6 months??
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott